Purchased cleanup crew package of 28 dwarf ceriths, 11 nassarius, 12 Florida ceriths & 11 nerites. Overkill for 32g?

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a reef cleaners cleanup crew package of 28 dwarf ceriths, 11 nassarius, 12 Florida ceriths & 11 nerites for my 32 gallon tank. I chose this because on the website if you select the tank size you have you’re given the packages they recommend for your tank size. I’m not gonna lie, it seemed a bit over the type at the time but I bought it anyway. Is it overkill or exactly what I should have? ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Probably not as some Will end up as empty shells

Upvote 0

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a reef cleaners cleanup crew package of 28 dwarf ceriths, 11 nassarius, 12 Florida ceriths & 11 nerites for my 32 gallon tank. I chose this because on the website if you select the tank size you have you’re given the packages they recommend for your tank size. I’m not gonna lie, it seemed a bit over the type at the time but I bought it anyway. Is it overkill or exactly what I should have? ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The size and composition of your cuc should be based on what you are trying to clean up, not tank volume - be careful that there is enough algae, uneaten food, etc. to keep all those organisms fed and alive.

Upvote 0

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all. Those dwarf Ceriths will be the work horse of the bunch. Do you have hermits in your tank? I find that the Florida Ceriths never last because hermits prefer their shells.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all. Those dwarf Ceriths will be the work horse of the bunch. Do you have hermits in your tank? I find that the Florida Ceriths never last because hermits prefer their shells.
I have 1 hermit. She’s a bit of a nuisance but she hasn’t broken any laws that I know of lately. Lol! This is good to hear though. I was a bit worried.

Upvote 0

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t be surprised if you get way more Dwarf Ceriths than you ordered. I recently ordered 40 and pretty sure I had almost 100. Was able to share with a buddy. I’m pretty sure they don’t count those.

Upvote 0

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 50 lagoon and 30 long. I have maybe a dozen blue legs in each. Two nassarius I rarely ever see and two each of zebra snails. I always throw in a few extra shells when I add hermits and they almost immediately go for the bigger shells. The zebras are too big for the hermits to mess with and strip my rocks pretty clean of algae.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back