OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that my wife has fallen in love with our fish. However be prepared if the fish dies. This really upsets my wife. She will then say, we shouldn’t get any more fish they all die. Ok but we have over 100 fish that are thriving.
But if momma ain’t happy ain’t nobody happy.
I bought the house and pay all the bills and the only thing I ask for his this fish tank and still giving me a hard time lol happy wife is happy life so she will get this fish lol

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the house and pay all the bills and the only thing I ask for his this fish tank and still giving me a hard time lol happy wife is happy life so she will get this fish lol
you are not alone. its as if she wants everything she likes and wants, but you have to give up everything you enjoy. cars, aquarium, whisky, etc.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here you go buddy.
Saltwaterfish.com has both Fiji and Indian Ocean, South East Asia males available.
Order it. Price is good too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005-205034_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221005-205034_Chrome.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we see a pic?
Please

Only seen it in fish sites and magazines.

Never in fellow hobbiest tank.
It’ll be ready by October 10th from dr reef. I had one from Petco but it was stressed out and died within a month. I’m hoping buying it from Dr reef will increase the chances of survival. He said it himself that the Fiji one doesn’t ship well so I’m taking a gamble

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fiji ones were standard about 20 years ago. Then for some reason the other ones started showing up and the fiji ones just went away.

Ive been looking for some at LFS's for years and no one ever gets them in stock. It looks like the only way I will get them is online.

I am obsessed with getting the fiji ones. I went diving in fiji a long time ago and the sight of all those purple lyretails hanging above the reef has been what I want for my tank ever since.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can always buy several females and one usually will change to male. Or buy captive bred pink squares, again several, and watch the transition.

Lyretails are pretty but I personally went with the Biota pink squares. Something has to be said with them already eating prepared foods to include pellet.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fiji ones were standard about 20 years ago. Then for some reason the other ones started showing up and the fiji ones just went away.

Ive been looking for some at LFS's for years and no one ever gets them in stock. It looks like the only way I will get them is online.

I am obsessed with getting the fiji ones. I went diving in fiji a long time ago and the sight of all those purple lyretails hanging above the reef has been what I want for my tank ever since.
The reason you don't see them in the shop right now because how mine ended up. They don't do well due to shipping. I knew this while buying it.

San Francisco had a bunch of them in their reef aquarium. It was so beautiful!

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can always buy several females and one usually will change to male. Or buy captive bred pink squares, again several, and watch the transition.

Lyretails are pretty but I personally went with the Biota pink squares. Something has to be said with them already eating prepared foods to include pellet.
Tank is overcrowded as it is right now ;/ Luckily I still have the male red lyretail anthias

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
local reefer has one purple male for sale, but this is in NJ so still need shipping to your location.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How?
Did it acclimate good. Surprised. They are hardy once acclimated and quarantined since it was from Dr Reef.
Did you put in display since it was quarantined.
He said it himself that the purple ones don’t ship good. Yes I acclimated it good and put it in the sump with no lights . It came in terrible shape. Looks like it had some damage and was extremely pale. Didn’t look like it was going to make it once I got it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back