Purple Monster Mushroom - Most AWESOME mushroom ever?

OP
OP
Sea_Monkey

Sea_Monkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, Ben always has the hottest stuff. Ive scored a bunch of rainbow chalice and other interesting stuff from him and have never once been disappointed. But that shroom.... well that's just absolutely crazy.

For sure, he got that fire. Yea she's a hot mess, thanks

OP
OP
Sea_Monkey

Sea_Monkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top down view. Enjoy

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3456.JPG

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top down view. Enjoy

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3456.JPG
Hey what size plug did you mount that on? And whats the deal with the tank its kept in? I have a buddy that has a tank full of Jaw Breakers (and a couple of big leathers), literally covering everything and he totally neglects the tank. Doesn't test, do water changes, uses an old Wavepoint fixture with old lights, powerhead hanging in the corner for flow. Indecently he also had one of the largest WWC Jelly Beans I have ever seen in the same tank until someone from a local reef club offered him 5k for it. Based on that tank I assume they thrive in crappy conditions LOL. Do they? And lighting, what type of lights is that amazingly bada** coral sitting under?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sea_Monkey

Sea_Monkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what size plug did you mount that on? And whats the deal with the tank its kept in? I have a buddy that has a tank full of Jaw Breakers (and a couple of big leathers), literally covering everything and he totally neglects the tank. Doesn't test, do water changes, uses an old Wavepoint fixture with old lights, powerhead hanging in the corner for flow. Indecently he also had one of the largest WWC Jelly Beans I have ever seen in the same tank until someone from a local reef club offered him 5k for it. Based on that tank I assume they thrive in crappy conditions LOL. Do they? And lighting, what type of lights is that amazingly bada** coral sitting under?

I think that's a 3" disk, nice nice.
I only do one wc per week, heavy feeding, moderate flow/lighting and I give them a bunch of love. Literally, a bunch of love

OP
OP
Sea_Monkey

Sea_Monkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates so I decided to frag ms purple monster after it settle. Check it out y'all! Enjoy.

Right after the bandsaw and dip
IMG_3745.JPG

Few days after
IMG_3907.JPG

And bam, this was taken yesterday, under 5 blue plus and 1 coral plus supplements with 2 blue rb

This frag is the top one in the first pic, and left frag in the second pic.
IMG_6153.JPG

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back