Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 years ago this was the size of a silver dollar,,,,,,
It had attached it's self to 2 very nice rocks,,,,,,,,,
and yesterday night, It decided to let go,,,,,,,,,,
Not really, It just got to big and heavy,,,,, Darn thing,,,,,,,,,,
How to attach it again????
gotta rip the tank apart to give it a more stable footing,,,,,,,,,,,,Not looking forward to it,,,,,,,,,,,,

Before
purplerim.jpg

later that evening
purplerim1.jpg

purplerim3.jpg

purplerim2.jpg

Last edited:

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'd be interested in some frags of that! ;] Don't be so sad, its easy to start over and pretty much inevitable when caps get too big.

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok sorry it might have seened like i has "heheh" at the problem , when i was lol at my answer.

was at a local marine meeting over the week end with local club members and the host offered me some thing out of his tank. "any zoa's," i replyed, he said no. he offered to break off a branch of some digi sps . kind of boring looking but i was ,what the heck, i put in my tank and see what happens. this thing was tall and had lots of branches but as he went to break part off the whole top crown of it snaped off at the base. low and be hold it was hidding an awsome blue acro be hide it.

he spent the evening fraging the broken sps and now is giving them to all the local reefers.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, i would frag it up and start over. i seriously doubt if you *lay* it back down somewhere that it will encrust to a rock and stay put......at least thats my experience with big caps.

so you'll have to glue it or epoxy it down to some rocks to keep it in place if you want it to keep growing larger.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut a huge monti cap off of the front glass of a bowfront in one pice and was able to set it down and it re-encrusted (was about 12" in diameter and 8" tall, so it was a monster). However, I'd start over with a frag and sell/trade some frags. Monti caps gorw so fast, it won't take long to be back to current/former glory.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back