Purple spots on Clown fish

SiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Gurus

Could you please let me know the cause of this spot on the right Gill fin of my Clown. The fin is now shredding. The clown frequents the BTA as well as the Torch that I have in my tank. The clown is otherwise feeding and active. Is this some kind of disease ? What should I do?
20210605_130649.jpg

This clown fish is in my Tank for last 6 months. A Bird nest was added to my tank in last 7 days. And a Wrasse 15 days prior to that. All other fishes are healthy and feeding.

Regards
Sid
Screenshot_20210602-235028_ReefTrace Live.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent photograph! It is so clear, but even so, I can't tell you exactly what that spot is! I can tell you that it isn't any of the major external parasitic diseases.

Is the spot raised up like a pimple?

You say the fin is "shredding" - it has done that since the picture was taken? The fin in this picture looks pretty good.

Jay

OP
OP
SiD

SiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent photograph! It is so clear, but even so, I can't tell you exactly what that spot is! I can tell you that it isn't any of the major external parasitic diseases.

Is the spot raised up like a pimple?

You say the fin is "shredding" - it has done that since the picture was taken? The fin in this picture looks pretty good.

Jay
The picture was taken yesterday. Today the affected fin is torn. The spot is raised.

Thank you for the compliment.

Regards
Sid

ff2807

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture was taken yesterday. Today the affected fin is torn. The spot is raised.

Regards
Sid
Hey Sid in researching the problem and it has been an issue with other CF they seem to think either it was stung by coral or internal bleed hope it helps

OP
OP
SiD

SiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sid in researching the problem and it has been an issue with other CF they seem to think either it was stung by coral or internal bleed hope it helps
If it is stung by the Torch. Will it heal on its own?

ff2807

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is stung by the Torch. Will it heal on its own?
I did not read that far into it just google it and you will find alot of answers good luck and stay safe

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Regards
Sid
I wonder if this is damage from another fish?
Jay

OP
OP
SiD

SiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this is damage from another fish?
Jay
Unlikely. This clown is very aggressive and has its established hierarchy in the tank, other fishes like to stay away from its BTA and Torch. I just looked closely at the picture now. It has similar spot near its right eye on the white strip.

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Gurus

Could you please let me know the cause of this spot on the right Gill fin of my Clown. The fin is now shredding. The clown frequents the BTA as well as the Torch that I have in my tank. The clown is otherwise feeding and active. Is this some kind of disease ? What should I do?
20210605_130649.jpg

This clown fish is in my Tank for last 6 months. A Bird nest was added to my tank in last 7 days. And a Wrasse 15 days prior to that. All other fishes are healthy and feeding.

Regards
Sid
Screenshot_20210602-235028_ReefTrace Live.jpg
just curious what app is that you are using? i use aquarium note but yours looks better lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back