Purple tang and lemonpeel angel

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 2 weeks ago i got a purple tang and lemonpeel angel fish and 95% of the time they are hiding in the rocks some times they do come out but its for about 10 seconds and then they hide again i feed nori x2 a day though the day it does not get touched but the 1 i put out at night is all gone in the morning i also have a midas blenny that is always out and swimming about feed him x2 a day with mysis shrimp with selcon and the tang and angel do join in and eat some mysis too but go straight back in the rockwork why are they hiding all the time?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not unusual behaviour for a lemonpeel. Temperamental little fish during initial acclimation. It simply won’t eat if it’s being harassed at all. It also won’t take nori - needs grazable rock.

Purple tang does not usually hide for very long. You say nothing about any fish in that tank other than the blenny. Any others?

I would not worry excessively if they are eating something.

OP
OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only have them 3 fish i was reading up and says green chromies annd beni cardinals will help them come out both all the fish are eating the tang is a ferrous eater the tang follows the lemonpeel angel all over

Boonsiew830

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 2 weeks ago i got a purple tang and lemonpeel angel fish and 95% of the time they are hiding in the rocks some times they do come out but its for about 10 seconds and then they hide again i feed nori x2 a day though the day it does not get touched but the 1 i put out at night is all gone in the morning i also have a midas blenny that is always out and swimming about feed him x2 a day with mysis shrimp with selcon and the tang and angel do join in and eat some mysis too but go straight back in the rockwork why are they hiding all the time?
I added my purple tang at night and he was swimming with the others the next morning. I’d wouldn’t worry if he’s eating, hobby is all about patience....good luck.

guylaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have said if they are eating you shouldnt be worried.

Example, my YT which I have had for going on 6 years now would always swim and hide in the rock work when ever someone approached the tank. It took about 2 years before he became comfortable (I had cardinals and damsels with him and all other fish where always front and center).

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back