Purple Tang Blue Tang Powder Brown Tang

Isaac_Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I have 2 tangs currently, 1 purple and 1 blue, I’ve had them in the tank for maybe little over 3 or 4 months. My LFS has a Powder Brown Tang and I’ve been eyeing him for about a few weeks now but I was worried about tang aggression, my blue and purple get along great but I’ve noticed when I added anthias to the tank my Purple was on the more aggressive side, they’re fine now but first week he was aggressive, I was worried if I added a Powder tang would he get picked on by the Purple tang? Roughly they’ll be the same size if not maybe the Powder would be maybe an inch or half an inch larger than the Purple Tang

OP
OP
Isaac_Tang

Isaac_Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is your tank?
For these guys they’re in a WaterBox 230 and I believe it’s about 5ft L and I think 2 ft W I’m not home to get exact measurements but it’s a fairly large aquarium I just don’t want major aggressive if I get him and he gets bullied to death

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys, so I have 2 tangs currently, 1 purple and 1 blue, I’ve had them in the tank for maybe little over 3 or 4 months. My LFS has a Powder Brown Tang and I’ve been eyeing him for about a few weeks now but I was worried about tang aggression, my blue and purple get along great but I’ve noticed when I added anthias to the tank my Purple was on the more aggressive side, they’re fine now but first week he was aggressive, I was worried if I added a Powder tang would he get picked on by the Purple tang? Roughly they’ll be the same size if not maybe the Powder would be maybe an inch or half an inch larger than the Purple Tang
Blue tang - Powder blue, atlantic Blue or hepatus Blue?
If NOT Powder blue, the Powder brown which is a hybrid would fit ok, but I would release it at lights out and feed prior to lights going off.
SHOULD the Purple become a jerk, you can place a mirror in area of where it hides and it will divert its' attention.

OP
OP
Isaac_Tang

Isaac_Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue tang - Powder blue, atlantic Blue or hepatus Blue?
If NOT Powder blue, the Powder brown which is a hybrid would fit ok, but I would release it at lights out and feed prior to lights going off.
SHOULD the Purple become a jerk, you can place a mirror in area of where it hides and it will divert its' attention.
The blue tang I have is a hepatus blue peaceful as could be

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back