Purple Tang: Ich? Lympho?

Domi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My purple tang has white spots on the top of the head / fins. It looks a little bit uncommon for ich as it protudes quite a bit from the skin. I attached a video. What do you think? the tank is up and running about 2 months and the tang is in there for 3 weeks now.

Thanks in advance,
Domi

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is a very difficult video to assess what it may have due to very dark lighting and suspended particles that look like dots.
Please retake under white lights and more than 5 seconds and if therer is debris- Temporarily shut off water flow

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a very difficult video to assess what it may have due to very dark lighting and suspended particles that look like dots.
Please retake under white lights and more than 5 seconds and if therer is debris- Temporarily shut off water flow
Pause it at 0:04. I see them cant tell though. Just above the eyes. Could try a fresh water dip to see if anything falls off, or gets aggravated.

OP
OP
D

Domi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. I tried now without flow. The problem is it hides when I switch of the flow. I added a new video of it that is maybe better. My Chaetodon kleinii also has one spot on the fin, I attached a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpeg
    IMG_1171.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
D

Domi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pause it at 0:04. I see them cant tell though. Just above the eyes. Could try a fresh water dip to see if anything falls off, or gets aggravated.
Thanks @DrZoidburg
Maybe with the new video?
catching it is going to be difficult, I would like to make sure first that it really is Ich before I would catch it.

OP
OP
D

Domi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I see, the videos look totally different than when I play them locally. I will try to upload them to youtube and then link them here.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
FW dip may stress the fish. Assuming that its eating, it looks quite active, responsive to your presence and I dont see what would be obvious to ich signs or appearance.
IF it is lympho, Simply assure good water quality and diet. Pics still a little dark.
FW dip is used mainly for flukes or relief from Velvet - Not cure.
Speaking of diet:
These fish are herbivores and at minimum, you want to feed them:
-Spirulina brine shrimp
- LRS Herbivore diet
- mysis shrimp
- small plankton
- Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- Hikari Marine cuisine
- Formula 2 flake and frozen
- Hikari veggie marine

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days, garlic extract for stamina and immunity health

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly still cant tell. If grow in numbers you will know more. Lympho doesn't really move unless its transferred to a contact spot. Comes and goes in same spots. Flukes can move. Sometimes maybe mucus can look like a problem. I wouldn't freak out immediately about 2 spots. Just keep close eye one it.

Back