OP
M

MiniNina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have metroplex, kanaplex and furan 2 is it okay if i mix it?

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treatment with copper or CP would be ideal since it will treat for ich and velvet. I doubt meto, furan2 or kanaplex will do any help since they are best used to treat infections.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treatment with copper or CP would be ideal since it will treat for ich and velvet. I doubt meto, furan2 or kanaplex will do any help since they are best used to treat infections.
You are correct that they will not treat velvet. With fish infested with the parasite it is a two prong race to save it. The immediate concern is the parasite itself. Unfortunately, the parasite works so quickly to weaken the fish and cause skin openings that fish with velvet often die of an infection. It's a truly devastating parasite. :(

OP
OP
M

MiniNina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct that they will not treat velvet. With fish infested with the parasite it is a two prong race to save it. The immediate concern is the parasite itself. Unfortunately, the parasite works so quickly to weaken the fish and cause skin openings that fish with velvet often die of an infection. It's a truly devastating parasite. :(
Okay, i'm gonna do a freshwater dip and then a formalin bath, i hope it works

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, i'm gonna do a freshwater dip and then a formalin bath, i hope it works
I understand its value, but I'm not a formalin fan. The symptoms on the video don't appear extreme. If it were my fish I would do a FW dip and dose CP while the fish was in the dip. I would hold off on formalin until I saw things getting worse.

OP
OP
M

MiniNina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with velvet. :(

Are you planning on using all 3 in a bath prior to adding CP?
should i treat all of them? its a 30g with a foxface,purple tang, yellow tang, flame angel, coral beauty and a pair of clowns

edit: oh sorry i got distracted, and i was thinking about just using cp for now

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should i treat all of them? its a 30g with a foxface,purple tang, yellow tang, flame angel, coral beauty and a pair of clowns

edit: oh sorry i got distracted, and i was thinking about just using cp for now
Definitely treat them all!
If the Purple Tang is the only one showing visible symptoms he is the only one I would do a FW dip. But get CP in that QT ASAP if you have it on hand.

OP
OP
M

MiniNina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely treat them all!
If the Purple Tang is the only one showing visible symptoms he is the only one I would do a FW dip. But get CP in that QT ASAP if you have it on hand.
the purple tang is the only one showing symptoms and i have CP, i'm gonna dose 80mg per gallon for how long should i maintain that dose?

U

User1

View Badges
When I do my fresh water dips or baths (ok, not going to lie, they are just dips. The baths are too stressful for me) I follow Fenner's Methylene Blue recipe. I've had good success with it - not that I'm an expert. The reason why I chose using the Methylene dips is that it is a good oxygenating solution / medication. I figured that would be helpful during the process. Who knows.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the velvet ID and you are on the right track with the advice already given. I use copper but CP will be fine. Treat quickly, the gills of all of the fish in the tank with the PT are being damaged at an alarming rate. Good luck, friend!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My preference would be to treat the fish for 10 to 14 days and then transfer them to a clean QT system. Otherwise, I would treat them for at least 30 days before filtering out or diluting the CP.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back