Purple Tang in Sump for how long

Lucidbeam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back Story.
Fish are going in a 150 gallon. I currently have a 3' Purple Tang in the first stage of QT. 2 weeks copper then off to second tank for 2 weeks. Originally I had the Purple Tang in with a Two Spot Bristle tooth. The Bristle tooth didn't make it. Purple Tang is eating good.

Here is my question. When the Purple Tang is moved to the second stage QT I would like to get another Bristle tooth and start him in stage 1 of QT. Once the Purple Tang is done with stage 2 can I add him to my sump. Sump first chamber is 23.5 by 17 by 14, so around 24 gallons. It currently just have some ceramic balls in it. Will the Purple Tang do ok for 2 weeks in the sump. I want to add the two tangs at the same time to main tank.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what your second stage involves. The standard QT protocol we recommend is 30 days of copper then 2 - 3 rounds of prazi. More details in the link below.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back Story.
Fish are going in a 150 gallon. I currently have a 3' Purple Tang in the first stage of QT. 2 weeks copper then off to second tank for 2 weeks. Originally I had the Purple Tang in with a Two Spot Bristle tooth. The Bristle tooth didn't make it. Purple Tang is eating good.

Here is my question. When the Purple Tang is moved to the second stage QT I would like to get another Bristle tooth and start him in stage 1 of QT. Once the Purple Tang is done with stage 2 can I add him to my sump. Sump first chamber is 23.5 by 17 by 14, so around 24 gallons. It currently just have some ceramic balls in it. Will the Purple Tang do ok for 2 weeks in the sump. I want to add the two tangs at the same time to main tank.
For me 2-3 weeks or acclimation box

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back