OP
OP
Deiby Garcia

Deiby Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I need help from our members. Anyone seen this before on a purple tang. He used to be full purple color. I had some fish with flukes and I'm currently doing a hyposalinity treatment on them. Water level is currently at 1.014. All other fish in the quarantine were similar but all have gotten way better. They're eating and look normal. Trying to figure out what's wrong with him. He has not eaten in 4 days and is breathing faster than normal. Help!

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HLLE

I agree with this analysis.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lateral line disease. Often associated with poor diet, water quality or both.
What is your tank salinity ?
Diet should be at minimum:
Nori seaweed basted with garlic
Spirulina brine shrimp
Formula 2 flake and frozen
mysis shrimp
plankton
LRS herbivore diet

Add garlic and selcon vitamins to feedings

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I need help from our members. Anyone seen this before on a purple tang. He used to be full purple color. I had some fish with flukes and I'm currently doing a hyposalinity treatment on them. Water level is currently at 1.014. All other fish in the quarantine were similar but all have gotten way better. They're eating and look normal. Trying to figure out what's wrong with him. He has not eaten in 4 days and is breathing faster than normal. Help!
Breathing fast can be from stress or parasites. What's the tank setup like? How many fish, etc.

OP
OP
Deiby Garcia

Deiby Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 65 gallon quarantine tank. Bare bottom with a total of 6 fish. These fish were in my display tank and I have them in quarantine because they got flukes but that was 2 months ago. I've left my display tank fallow waiting until May 11th to put them back. They were all fine but now the purple has shown up with this for the past 3 days. He's not eating either. He acts like he wants to get the brine and swims to it when they pass by him but won't bite.

OP
OP
Deiby Garcia

Deiby Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You name it. I've offered it. Nori, frozen brine, NLS pellets, frozen mysis, Reef frenzy everything he used to go nuts for when i fed before. He just swims to it and goes away. I'm worry because it's now 4 days no eating. He used to be so beautiful. A really dark purple, almost black. So frustrating.

OP
OP
Deiby Garcia

Deiby Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news. I put a dose of Triple Sulfa and after 24 hours he's eating again. He's back to going nuts after food. Starts chasing me begging for food when i stand in front of tank. Still has the markings but at least he's eating again.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back