Putting a fish into full therapeutic copper.

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single fish in therapeutic copper. Had him for a couple weeks then slowly raised the levels over 6 days with copperpower to around 2.0 with HC. I have an opportunity where I might be picking up some fish from another reefer buy am unsure of they could just go straight into the copper at 2.0 or if I would have to lower it first and raise it again. It's only been therapeutic for a few days.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish would you be adding?

90% of fish will tolerate going directly into therapeutic copper.

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be a mature yellow watchman goby. I have a small one in there already so am skeptical to add a second but mine isnt real yellow. I'm wondering if mine is female and hers is bright yellow so might be a male. Idk if the juvie would change sex in the presence of a mature male or if theyd just fight. Mine also has a lot of white around the head and might have a bacterial infection, came on once I ramped up copper but has not gotten better or worse over the past week. The fish is still eating and acting ok just very skiddish as its alall alone. Might add some antibiotics to the water with ththe copper?

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo for reference of the current fish.
15719252749705823790775134325402.jpg

underthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving this thread. I just reached full therapeutic copper last night; and the opportunity came to add another fish before getting too far into QT or adding additional meds.

-20 gallon QT with cupramine
-current fish is a 3 inch white tail tang
-new fish is a black ice snowflake clownfish.

Is it okay to add the new fish? Would it be better to acclimate with half copper for several hours or over night first with air stone in a bucket? Or okay to put straight in after initial acclimation?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back