!!!!Putting Phillips new Coral Care Gen2 LED to the test!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a follower. That’s ok..... Of the best SPS farm on the planet, that is.
57C6E4F0-EF02-47E1-9C1E-D84D073801EA.jpeg
46DEC6A1-6D1F-431A-B7B8-706DACFA14C0.jpeg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Battlecorals Can we get an update of these lights? Do you like it? Or not? How is the impact on coral growth and coloration?
Hi there.
yeah man totally. and sorry for the lag on this one. I like them a lot. Corals have responded very well to them. growth isn't explosive, but that's nothing new around here anyway. lol.

I'd say these are as close as you can get to t5 type coverage with an LED Overall, definitely a solid lighting choice. I'll try to get a few new pics of the corals under them up here.

xionggotstyle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there.
yeah man totally. and sorry for the lag on this one. I like them a lot. Corals have responded very well to them. growth isn't explosive, but that's nothing new around here anyway. lol.

I'd say these are as close as you can get to t5 type coverage with an LED Overall, definitely a solid lighting choice. I'll try to get a few new pics of the corals under them up here.

@ Battlecorals how did you mount these lights? @ 20 lbs per unit it's whack! I'm thinking 80/20 aluminum.

xionggotstyle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a red coris wrasse? Any issues with temperament or coral safeness?

He sucks. The Beauty and appeal of the fish itself is Awsome! The colors really pop on this fish. Especially the small blue dots it has near the tail. But he is huge! And he flips all my coral frag tiles. We are talking the big ones too. Not the standard frag plugs. Debating if I want to keep him or not. He is stunning though regardless but definitely a predator. All your inverts will get harassed or eaten.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He sucks. The Beauty and appeal of the fish itself is Awsome! The colors really pop on this fish. Especially the small blue dots it has near the tail. But he is huge! And he flips all my coral frag tiles. We are talking the big ones too. Not the standard frag plugs. Debating if I want to keep him or not. He is stunning though regardless but definitely a predator. All your inverts will get harassed or eaten.
Oh no! Ive always loved these guys but read about those horror stories. I was really hoping you’d say that reputation is unfounded and they are model reef citizens! LOL

shblink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seriously considering this over my 6 ft tank. I just love the Kessil shimmer though

If you like the Kessil shimmer, you won't like the CoralCares. They have very little to no shimmer similar to T5

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@ Battlecorals how did you mount these lights? @ 20 lbs per unit it's whack! I'm thinking 80/20 aluminum.
yeah, very good question. I was super paranoid about the standard mounting hardware and while I'm sure it's more than safe I went a little further and ran a couple of "safety" wires just for peace of mind. If one fixture hit the tank wall on the way down they'd break it for sure lol.

but again id really like to think that they ran all the appropriate tests on this before committing to this hardware. It is. a little scary though because they are so heavy.

Back