Pygmy Roost Waspfish in Reef - How often to spotfeed?

DylanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I managed to find 2 pygmy rooster waspfish that were added to my tank about 3 weeks ago. I believe I have a male and a female, and they've set up shop next to each other in a corner of my tank. They sit around sticking out of their little lairs, and once lights are down they are out and about. Super fun to watch.

Right now they do take some frozen, but unenthusiastically. I also have been giving them ghost shrimp, which they really love and eat immediately. I'm considering just leaving them on ghost shrimp, since they reliably eat them.

How often should I be spot feeding them ghost shrimp? I've been doing it every few days, and they still take them immediately. Should I go down to twice a week? Or am I overfeeding them and that's why they aren't fond of the frozen?

Thanks and some photos

pwf.jpg

pwf2.jpg
pwf3.jpg

pwf4.jpg
pwf6.jpg
pwf5.jpg

pwf7.jpg
fts.jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do have the same metabolism as other scorps, so theoretically feeding every 2-3 days. But there are variables, primarily it will depend on how well they ate on the previous feeding. If they don't eat much, like maybe on a day you are feeding frozen, or don't have many ghosties; it won't hurt to feed the very next day. If they eat good, you can go to the 3rd day. You can overfeed them and they should be on a gorge/fast but it all takes time to work out. They are a small species so their fast time only needs to be a day or two. They may go off feeding if you are feeding too often. I have a trio and have written a couple threads on their care if you are interested. I believe there's a pic in one of them where I describe in detail how to sex.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back