Pyjama Cardinal strange behaviour.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two pyjama Cardinal fish, and several other types of fish in my 40 gallon.
Last week I saw no sign of the pyjamas when feeding and thought they had died, but strange that both would die at the same time. Then two days ago I was pleased to see one of them. Today I saw both of them. But they both seem to have gone into hiding again.
I wonder if they have been breeding and hiding away. I wouldn’t expect any fry to survive the greedy fish in my tank. But it would be interesting to know if their hiding was a part of breeding behaviour. Any ideas?

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I'm not sure, what other fish do you have there fish normally hide when scared but it also could be a breeding thing

OP
OP
Jimbhoy13

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. Only just found your reply.
I also have a Picasso clown, Flame angel, yellow tail damsel 3 blue chromis and a Lauder said cardinal. All seem to get on well together. The pyjamas seemed to go through patterns of hiding. Then one would start coming out then a while later both would be out. One of the two has now died.
Thanks for responding.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. Only just found your reply.
I also have a Picasso clown, Flame angel, yellow tail damsel 3 blue chromis and a Lauder said cardinal. All seem to get on well together. The pyjamas seemed to go through patterns of hiding. Then one would start coming out then a while later both would be out. One of the two has now died.
Thanks for responding.
Sounds like one of the cardinals killed the other imho I’m likely wrong though. So all I can reccomend is not adding another cardinal

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back