Pyramid and Copperband Butterfles in reef

Siddogg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 130 Galllon mixed reef tank. All corals are in the smaller side. I’ve heard the Pyramid is reef safe. As well as the Copperband with caution. Was hoping to get some advice based on personal experience.
Thx

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 130 Galllon mixed reef tank. All corals are in the smaller side. I’ve heard the Pyramid is reef safe. As well as the Copperband with caution. Was hoping to get some advice based on personal experience.
Thx
I have very large CBB and it bothers nothing. Pyramids are indeed reef safe and pretty in schools. To my shock, during 2020 they went from $49 each to $ 89-99 each

George81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copperband. So far he is a model citizen. I only have a few lps, acans and zoas. Mostly sps. no issues nipping at corals. a wonderful tank mate. Put up with harassing behaviour from my powder brown tang for months, for the first few weeks I was contemplating getting rid of the pb tang.
Im sure you have read this before but make sure the copperband is eating before you buy it.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious as to the size of your Copperband and Pyramids. Does the CBB get to 8” and the Pyramid to 7” as listed on FishBase?

Would you expect fish in general to reach their max sizes as listed on FishBase?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we were diving in Hawaii I didn't see any pyramids much bigger than the ones I had in my tank.

My CBB and one of the pyramids
copperband-pyramid (1 of 1).jpg

Pyramids we saw in the wild.
pyramid  butterfly (1 of 1).jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back