Pyramid Angle sick plz help me ID

Artimusclyde1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this angle 2 months ago when I got it it was quite thin I got it eating Frozen and with in a week pellets and it’s gained a ton of weight super healthy always at the front of the tank begging! With In That first week it developed what looked like ich to me just a few dots on it’s head my cleaner wrasse looked to take interest and they where gone that day... it’s been quite a while and today it didn’t come out of it’s sleeping spot... it has a white sheen to it in spots and looks to have been scratching it’s self as it’s got a few marks and banged fins. I was awake with family looking at the tank up until 12pm.... it was acting normal this morning it’s totally different won’t eat I don’t see spots just blotchy scale color and this velvety white coat but it’s not thick like you see on clowns. I gave her a fw dip for 3 minutes and she’s back in the tank nothing came off of her
F304A2FC-0DB4-4C83-99BE-FCE4845F4766.jpeg
33CACF20-8F3F-43FD-8A51-E1262C83D2F2.jpeg

OP
OP
Artimusclyde1974

Artimusclyde1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bottom pic look at her side fin u can see it’s less opaque closer to her that’s the stuff I’m seeing in the blue pic the blue makes her eyes glaze over like it shows it more

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Artimusclyde1974

Artimusclyde1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man idk how I’m going to get all 12 fish out of my tank.... this is literally heartbreaking for me right now I feel like I can’t move and I know I need to set up a Qt ASAP but I only have a 12 gallon it can’t hold all the fish at once... can I use a rubber maid? Why not right?

Upvote 0

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea im sorry but that looks like velvet, velvet killed all my fish back in november 2019 including my pair of pyramid butterfly fish is the fish hiding from the light? swimming into the flow of the powerhead? refusing to eat?

Upvote 0

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man idk how I’m going to get all 12 fish out of my tank.... this is literally heartbreaking for me right now I feel like I can’t move and I know I need to set up a Qt ASAP but I only have a 12 gallon it can’t hold all the fish at once... can I use a rubber maid? Why not right?
yes you can use a rubbermaid tub in a pinch but you need to act fast do you have copper on hand?

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a video? Is the fish breathing really rapidly? While the still pic does make me think velvet, the cloudy eyes, and the timing, and the species also point to Neobenedenia. Breathing faster than about 100 to 120 Gill beats per minute would rule that out, and confirm velvet.
Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Artimusclyde1974

Artimusclyde1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is breathing fast tho and it’s the only fish I can get out of my tank... they just hide in the rocks and disappear

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back