Pyramid butterfly fish upside down

Craigmed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a pair for 3 yrs now 1 hid away and when he came out was swimming nose down and today started swimming in loops and can't keep a normal position netted him out and put him in big quarantine tank still in net being propped up so he doesn't turn up side down swim bladder seems affected

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a pair for 3 yrs now 1 hid away and when he came out was swimming nose down and today started swimming in loops and can't keep a normal position netted him out and put him in big quarantine tank still in net being propped up so he doesn't turn up side down swim bladder seems affected
Hello, welcome to Reef2Reef!

Take a look at the link below my name here, that file describes information we need to try and problem solve your fish’s issue.
I will say however, that once a fish has begun swimming upside down, there is often no way to help them.
Jay

wenliu51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my bannerfish jumped and I threw him back in, he was swimming upside down for a couple hours and was fine after that. Possibly due to a concussion. I'm sorry to hear this happen to your fish.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back