Pyramid butterfly red lump

Alexk380

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little info. I have 2 pyramid butterflies in quarantine. They've been in about two weeks. One is perfect and has no issues, the other one (the pictured one) came in with a little white lump on it's side. The lump has since turned red and protrudes a little bit.

Also in the past week it has grown little white lumps on it's mouth and next to it's left eye but they have improved slightly over the week. I think it may be lympho. In the past day now little white specks have appeared on it's left fin. I've seen them before on other fish but don't know what they are.

I don't know if it's related but since the appearance of the white lumps on the mouth, it's appetite has reduced slightly, still eating a bit but spitting out most of the food. Other than that though it's out and about all the time. Not shy at all, swimming and breathing normally.

The tank was treated with 2 rounds of prazipro a week apart and that's it so far.

20210620_144513.jpg 20210620_144522.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I can't tell you why - but pyramids often develop odd lumps and bumps. In my experience, they develop and don't really spread, but in some cases, the spots are permanent.

Actually, I'm more concerned about the diffuse white spots on its left pectoral fin. I think you should run these fish through a course of copper.

Jay

OP
OP
Alexk380

Alexk380

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I can't tell you why - but pyramids often develop odd lumps and bumps. In my experience, they develop and don't really spread, but in some cases, the spots are permanent.

Actually, I'm more concerned about the diffuse white spots on its left pectoral fin. I think you should run these fish through a course of copper.

Jay
Hi! Thanks for the welcome.

That's good to hear about the bumps, I won't focus on it too much at the moment then if it's common for the species.

Yeah those white spots are concerning me too, they've only just appeared. I've had some really bad luck recently with fish from 3 different lfs' coming in with velvet. I tried a different one this time and things were looking good for a while! I'll start up copper ASAP.

Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back