Pyramide snails?

rpkneumann

Texas Reefer since 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found these on some of my trochus snails.
See no behavior change and the white things do not show up anywhere else in my tank.

Are they Pyramid snails?
Do I need to get rid of them?
If so, how?
Do not like chemicals.

950C796D-0B0E-4D1B-AB44-56CA206D4251.jpeg

46D2809D-DA09-4115-B587-2C5C58DBEC52.jpeg

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you
They seem to blume a little. Will cut back on food. ;-)
Cutting back on the food isn't going to prevent them spreading, all the time you have marine aquarium you will see them almost everywhere, the're completely harmless, but if you see them growing too much on your power heads is good to clean it in some acid (like white vinegar).

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one additional note as well. When cleaning the power heads using white vinegar (WV), just know over exposure to WV could potentially swell magnets and swell the insulation on the wires (personal experience). Note: I still use WV, but sparingly and cautiously. Others have used citric acid as a substitute, but I have no experience with that. Best of luck and have fun with it all. :)

SHNICI is correct with the additional info on these worms. They can't be avoided and are basically harmless. I have tons of them in my sump/refuge, but I don't worry about them.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one additional note as well. When cleaning the power heads using white vinegar (WV), just know over exposure to WV could potentially swell magnets and swell the insulation on the wires (personal experience). Note: I still use WV, but sparingly and cautiously. Others have used citric acid as a substitute, but I have no experience with that. Best of luck and have fun with it all. :)

SHNICI is correct with the additional info on these worms. They can't be avoided and are basically harmless. I have tons of them in my sump/refuge, but I don't worry about them.
When I don't have WV I use citric acid, it's coming much cheaper when I have to clear feq thanks at time + all the equipment.
Last time I spend 3KG citric acid (powdered, that's the best option) for 7 Aqua Medic skimmers + few UV sterilisers + many PVC pipes which come from the tanks from Marine shop the raks. Usually I dissolve 15-20 grams per liter, and leave that 6-7hrs with power head in, sometimes I leave for 20+hrs depending how much deposits have on the equipment (this was all covered with spirobird shells, vermetid shells, some small clams grow on them and etc ... all calcified). Never got a problem with the citric acid (and with the WV too when I dilute it 1:1 for overnight soaking), max citric acid I ever use 30grams per liter dissolved for 5hrs bath.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have given up on my rear wall, at least they scrape off the glass fairly easily

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back