Q for everyone are you FOR or AGAINST QT

For or against QT

• Total voters

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for positive input I had not heard of biota and will put a link to them and Dr Reef’s fish into a busy cycling thread we use / got to meet him in person at aqua shella Dallad I think Dr Reef doing good intention work in the matter as well. Tsm as well. If we don’t get a sticky devoted to sources of this caliber I’ll just make them first read then where possible.
I’ve heard great things about Dr. Reef. Biota is all captive raised fish shipped directly from their bio secure facility. It’s a great thing for the hobby

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That post made a positive change for today nice one. Those three sources are set and linked on my page 1 now and they deserve to have much new business from new cyclers sent their way. Nice heads up there/ received and processed accordingly.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
laughable assessment by a non participant who won’t make a clear stance
How much clearer do I need to be? You are broken.
you follow my posts only to stir trouble but it doesn’t go far.
You give yourself way to much credit. I don't care what you have to say about the hobby because you don't have an aquarium, but alas you keep posting and posting like anything you say has any relevance. It doesn't.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m for it I guess, but I definitely don’t enjoy doing it. Like at all.

I think there should be more pressure on the wholesalers and distributors from hobbyists/stores etc to provide healthy fish. I never understood (other than greed) why so many things in this hobby rely on the end user to figure it out ourselves or pay the consequences
Well I use an LFS who I trust who does QT all their fish, treat with copper and Prazi, and run a huge UV on their holding tanks.

Somehow one slipped through.

So ultimately it is up to me.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I fly mostly SAB Black Thunder 700s (electric) and a couple of smaller nitros from the earlier days. Miniature Aircraft X-Cells. 3d not for me either. I think those guys have another set of brain cells to do that stuff! Yes to acrobatics and a little scale flying with an 800 Bell 430 that took me 5 years to build!!!
The SAB 700 is amazing at 3D. Next time my pilot friend does crazy things with his I'll take a video and send you a link

I think he has 3 SAB helis from 550 up but not sure. He built a new garage for all his models. Don't know where he keeps the super models or his wife.

Regards
Graham.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much clearer do I need to be? You are broken.

You give yourself way to much credit. I don't care what you have to say about the hobby because you don't have an aquarium, but alas you keep posting and posting like anything you say has any relevance. It doesn't.
Can you just stop these pointless and irritating attacks?

They serve no purpose other than inflaming things.

If you and the other guy have an issue take it offline, and punch it out in a bar somewhere, but spare the rest of us.

If you don't I'll stop answering all your questions :)

Thanks
Graham

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am totally confused and don't wish to argue with anyone. I am to old, set in my ways and working on Christmas stuff. Parties, dinners and all. Going out today. My fish can take care of themselves.

But Brandon, I am not sure what you want some of us to do. Older, successful hobbiests do not have build threads because we set up our tanks many years ago and being we are successful, never have to set up another tank because our tanks do not crash so they keep running with no problems.

The tanks that have to keep re-starting are the tanks with disease and are obviously doing something wrong.

I know I have been offering advice for decades but I won't and can't start up a new tank so I can have a build thread. I can only post what I did but it has been so long ago, that I forgot most of what I did and at the time I didn't know what I was doing so I lost way to many fish.

Now I have a lot of experience and try to explain all I did wrong so people can maybe avoid those things.
I may not be the best person to ask how to start a new tank because I don't do that. I keep my one tank healthy and disease free and answer questions all the time as well as I can.

I cringe as some of the ways people keep tanks today but it is not my place to interfere unless someone asks me. Just on this forum people are threatening to call the police
on me for animal cruelty because they have no understanding on my particular method which seems to be very successful.

My tank and method works but as I keep saying, not for new tanks. I have a different method for a new tank which I posted probably 14 times and I think it's in my book. It is tiring to keep going over the same thing.

If I mention live worms, people tell me their wife won't let them get worms. If you have that kind of marriage where your wife can tell you something like that, there is nothing I can do to help them.

They may need a new hobby, or maybe a new wife. Nancy Pelosi is married so they will have to look for someone else. :oops:
This hobby requires that a few things need to be done and most of your fish don't care what your wife thinks about it.

IMO dry food, PVC elbows, dry rock, medications and a few other things are the biggest bane to success, but what do I know?

I don't know how many more times I can say it.

:rolleyes:

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am totally confused and don't wish to argue with anyone. I am to old, set in my ways and working on Christmas stuff. Parties, dinners and all. Going out today. My fish can take care of themselves.

But Brandon, I am not sure what you want some of us to do. Older, successful hobbiests do not have build threads because we set up our tanks many years ago and being we are successful, never have to set up another tank because our tanks do not crash so they keep running with no problems.

The tanks that have to keep re-starting are the tanks with disease and are obviously doing something wrong.

I know I have been offering advice for decades but I won't and can't start up a new tank so I can have a build thread. I can only post what I did but it has been so long ago, that I forgot most of what I did and at the time I didn't know what I was doing so I lost way to many fish.

Now I have a lot of experience and try to explain all I did wrong so people can maybe avoid those things.
I may not be the best person to ask how to start a new tank because I don't do that. I keep my one tank healthy and disease free and answer questions all the time as well as I can.

I cringe as some of the ways people keep tanks today but it is not my place to interfere unless someone asks me. Just on this forum people are threatening to call the police
on me for animal cruelty because they have no understanding on my particular method which seems to be very successful.

My tank and method works but as I keep saying, not for new tanks. I have a different method for a new tank which I posted probably 14 times and I think it's in my book. It is tiring to keep going over the same thing.

If I mention live worms, people tell me their wife won't let them get worms. If you have that kind of marriage where your wife can tell you something like that, there is nothing I can do to help them.

They may need a new hobby, or maybe a new wife. Nancy Pelosi is married so they will have to look for someone else. :oops:
This hobby requires that a few things need to be done and most of your fish don't care what your wife thinks about it.

IMO dry food, PVC elbows, dry rock, medications and a few other things are the biggest bane to success, but what do I know?

I don't know how many more times I can say it.

:rolleyes:
Paul, my message was aimed at HuduVudu, not at you at all.

These pointless attacks need to stop, as they don't solve anything. No fish will not get ich because of this argument.

There is obviously history behind Brandon and Hudu arguing
I have read as much as I can stomach and it seems they both have points worthy of consideration

I just wish they would quit the bickering.

Everyone please take a chill pill and block each other. Whatever.

This used to be a friendly place.

Regards
Graham.

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on making today a positive one, Brian changed the tide yesterday we should surf it :)

rc played a 20 year role for me as well. I do planes and drones but this frequency tuning run took four years to tighten up: the cross-neighborhood rc truck. Yorkies roaming the alley beware -

even twenty brick houses at the fresnel zone didn’t kill that video feed sick alert~
there’s a reason I carefully look both ways before crossing into the alley with the pivot cam: I once got taken out by a Toyota. Flat as a pancake steaming lipo batteries stinking up the place lol

This was iteration 2. my ham call sign was taped in the sideview mirror so it could be transmitted legally on left pans

Last edited:

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you just stop these pointless and irritating attacks?

They serve no purpose other than inflaming things.

If you and the other guy have an issue take it offline, and punch it out in a bar somewhere, but spare the rest of us.

If you don't I'll stop answering all your questions :)

Thanks
Graham
Why direct it just at me? Why not at Brandon?

If you read the full thread you can see for yourself the nature of this. I did not start this and I am really tired of being the punching bag. If you want to stop answering my questions fine you can do that. I am not asking them because I really want to know. I have 30 years of experience of knowing what people do with their tanks. I am asking because there are people here that don't have that experience and are trying to gain it. I am facilitating that.

Feel free to ignore me, and once again I would suggest that you look back over this thread to see how this played out because this is a microcosm of what happens everytime on these threads. Ultimately Brandon is censoring what he doesn't like.

P.S. I am not the only one that Brandon does this too, I am just the one that responds back.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets just quit it today guys/ yesterday was exhausting. post some videos of toys u modded.

Paul I've tried to recommend your feeding to the last ten cyclers we fixed up and they all declined and opted for pellets instead. I noticed the other day when watching my aquarium and zoo shows/public aquarium shows on TLC etc that when it came time to feed the displays/million + dollar ones with sharks skates rays et al

not one retail feed was being pressed out of foil packs. not one. no garlic.
not even in the fish tanks it was still custom prepped foods.

guess what it was they were feeding
clams oysters they had to break open/ some kind of mussels and veggies and a bunch of wriggling worms and what I pay top dollar to eat at a quality eatery

Im positive there is an untenable bridge between retail quick fixing and what's done right at zoos and never the two shall meet.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul I've tried to recommend your feeding to the last ten cyclers we fixed up and they all declined and opted for pellets instead.
I know and I can't and won't try to help those people. Those tanks will never achieve immunity and will always have to rely on medications. But it is their tank and their methods that I can respect.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul I've tried to recommend your feeding to the last ten cyclers we fixed up and they all declined and opted for pellets instead.
Those are the same people that you say, that we have to help. They don't want our help they never will. They want what they are doing to work regardless of reality. That is their right I won't stand in their way, but I will NEVER sanction what they are doing as working.

This is the vast majority of the new hobbysts. This has not changed since I started working in a salt water aquarium store in 1985. It's not going to.

Stop heckling me already Brandon.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok fine I apologize then.

Lets mooove it on down the line. trying to press for better feed efforts among fish buyers is certainly a workable angle to cause change that nobody will dislike, so the race will be who sells it best to actually see if we can get some change and less fish by the buckets lost in the hobby. Paul has hundreds of folks using his way I see their posts. nano reefers could stand to increase up the efforts.

the cool cats will not be feeding nine types of retail feed, with the fanciest labels and electric shimmer color when added though I use that stuff right now and am among the low feeding effort crew heh

it'll be the home chefs highlighted. whoever assembled and micro diced the best array of natural omega 3s et in their phone pic will be the boosted effort winners in 2022. that will honestly cause a small increment up in retention rates I truly believe it.

here's the bad formula: buy fish from pet store, add to scary white bright but still cycled tank, feed mcdonalds quality fishfood to the inhabitants their whole life all added without preps.

we are directly changing at least one variable in that mix.

Last edited:

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok fine I apologize then.
Accepted. Can we just say our position in peace. You can advocate for what you think is right, I will advocate for what I think is right and the people that read our posts can make up their own minds.
cause change that nobody will dislike,
This will never happen.

There will never be full consensus on anything, and for me that is good not bad. Herd mentality is real and somone has to stay sane when everyone else is going insane. If that is you, then I want you to not have to change your opinion at my whim. Because if you are the sane one then some day I am going to need your sanity.
so the race will be who sells it best to actually see if we can get some change
This isn't sales competition. The best ideas work out outside the hype and the marketing. That is one thing that is really uncomfortable for me in the new reality of this hobby. The marketing is insane. I can't believe how much equipment I have sold second hand because it was just crap and I fell for the marketing. I have that fixed now and have gone back to the old fundamentals and re-incorporated the new tech from there. I should have done that a long time ago, but alas here I am once again humilated.
and less fish by the buckets lost in the hobby.
I think that is a common goal for everyone.
the cool cats
The popularity contest is best left for Paul's next date.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 100% sure after giving up bacon and all sausage which is missed, dearly, dearly, I can sell excellent fish feed efforts to many impressionable nano reefers. I got off bacon bro

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop heckling me already Brandon.
Hudu, can I heckle you? I am getting bored. :p

IMO besides that store bought frozen food we need real food from a grocery store like shellfish that has not been frozen to death since the 80s. This is very important to me.

Of course I also eat it myself.

Back