QOR’s Waterbox 220 Build

naked_dog_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s going to be an odd transition, not really sure what to expect! I’m so used to the small/nano tank daily stress over stability it’s going to be weird having it be ”easier”? Hopefully it doesn’t get boring, kind of sickly enjoy the challenges of stability in our water keeping haha

....but the tangs ;Happy
It’s going to be an odd transition, not really sure what to expect! I’m so used to the small/nano tank daily stress over stability it’s going to be weird having it be ”easier”? Hopefully it doesn’t get boring, kind of sickly enjoy the challenges of stability in our water keeping haha

....but the tangs ;Happy
Having apex and trident on mine really helps with peace of mind with the dosing setup

naked_dog_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t wait to set mine up! I think it’s definitely going to save my sanity hah. How difficult were they to set up? Never installed either before
It was really simple. When u go to their website it walks you through the setup step by step. The hardest part was figuring out how i wanted to mount everything to make it look good

naked_dog_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was really simple. When u go to their website it walks you through the setup step by step. The hardest part was figuring out how i wanted to mount everything to make it look good
I was kind of intimidated about setting it up because i really didn't know much about it so i just watched a couple youtube videos and everyone said the same things. I literally took me like 20 mins to set it all up after i had everything mounted

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t wait to set mine up! I think it’s definitely going to save my sanity hah. How difficult were they to set up? Never installed either before

yep.Easy peasy. Basically download app, plug everything in in the order they say, connect to WiFi. Run a bunch of wires an standardize probes. I think the trident is even more simple. And broken down better.

OP
OP
Queenofreef

Queenofreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OOou I definitely want an awesome controller mount!! I’m not very handy though...my cables are forever a mess unfortunately. That’s good to hear they’re easy to set up though, was worried about that!

OP
OP
Queenofreef

Queenofreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was kind of intimidated about setting it up because i really didn't know much about it so i just watched a couple youtube videos and everyone said the same things. I literally took me like 20 mins to set it all up after i had everything mounted
So my lack of techfor me it will likely take double

That’s good to hear!! I’ll definitely check some out! I’m just worried I’ll mess something up, might have to enlist a back up helper to watch me :eek: A doser crashed my tank in the past after I incorrectly dialed it and I’m definitely irrationally scared of aquarium equipment now

naked_dog_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lack of techfor me it will likely take double

That’s good to hear!! I’ll definitely check some out! I’m just worried I’ll mess something up, might have to enlist a back up helper to watch me :eek: A doser crashed my tank in the past after I incorrectly dialed it and I’m definitely irrationally scared of aquarium equipment now
You got this! If you get stuck or confused about something you can message me on ig

OP
OP
Queenofreef

Queenofreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep.Easy peasy. Basically download app, plug everything in in the order they say, connect to WiFi. Run a bunch of wires an standardize probes. I think the trident is even more simple. And broken down better.
Oou ok good to know about the Trident! Got a while until I set them up but hey

OP
OP
Queenofreef

Queenofreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be awesome! How’s the rock work coming?

Didn’tget a chance to play around with it yet sadly :( I realized I need to get a better idea of what I’m planning in terms off fish/corals. I want to make sure it’s perfect!! Would suck to have to redo it down the road.

OP
OP
Queenofreef

Queenofreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Queen of Reef, I just recently found you on FB, YouTube and on R2R and noticed you're in Dallas as well. What local fish stores do you frequent in the dfw metroplex?
I have two favorites — Aqua Studios has an awesome mix of fresh/salt and Ocean Avenue for high end corals! Definitely worth checking out both!

Derek4real

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two favorites — Aqua Studios has an awesome mix of fresh/salt and Ocean Avenue for high end corals! Definitely worth checking out both!

I’ll have to check them out. Thanks for the response. Your build looks very similar to mine. But I don’t have a build log yet.

OP
OP
Queenofreef

Queenofreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also — not much to update on. Have yet to start my aquascape, but I plan to get to building this upcoming weekend. I did plumb the tank though! Apparently I didn’t use the “plumbers tape” correctly (Teflon tape), but hey. Lucky for me this tank was all plug and play! Plumbing is way over my head...

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, that was one of the tanks I was thinking about. Now with the new series might do the 270.6. I won a 100.3 here on R2R last Thursday nite so I need to figure out what to do, where to put that tank. Tough life, LOL. Will follow this build for sure.
Welcome to R2R

OP
OP
Queenofreef

Queenofreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update — I have something that is beginning to resemble an aquascape! The left base structure!!

I’ve decided I want to make two separate rock structures for this build that are very minimalistic and bonsai-esq. :) Trying something different with this aquascape and making a cement base that will be hidden under the sand. I extended this base further along the route of the longest arch (yet to be attached) to support the weight, but will probably have to thicken it up more.
I don’t really know how to accurately describe what I have pictured in my head yet, but will give a better update soon as it starts to take shape more!

My attack plan moving forward is to build and cement the main arches for this larger rock structure on the left, then add all the pretty “details” — extending different branches out and placing shelf rock pieces, and camouflaging the concrete seams using broken rock pieces. Then of course building the second smaller structure using the same process!

LOT more left to do before it starts looking like an aquascape and it’s been a bit tedious having to do it in stages but it’s been a fun process and I’m enjoying it.

I’m using Real Reef Rock from (amazing to work with & has made this process actually enjoyable!) and a mix of purple and regular eMarco cement!

I will hopefully have a video out this week where I show how I actually constructed this thing up to this point, I’ll post it here as soon as it’s done!

6DB0D5A3-DC93-4568-B89F-AEB28EF27A1A.jpeg
1FABB8BF-EB5A-4072-ABF4-C96536E36132.jpeg
6705B45B-54EF-42B4-9D3A-735D4495CED5.jpeg
794BD990-0614-4440-963C-9C0841B4E1CE.jpeg

OP
OP
Queenofreef

Queenofreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, that was one of the tanks I was thinking about. Now with the new series might do the 270.6. I won a 100.3 here on R2R last Thursday nite so I need to figure out what to do, where to put that tank. Tough life, LOL. Will follow this build for sure.
Welcome to R2R
Do it!! Had no idea the new series was coming out and now I’m a bit jealous! WOAH that’s awesome though congrats!!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back