QT Blue Tang Bacterial ? Viral?

cpalminteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
298170F0-426B-4ADE-BFF4-077380921A65.jpeg

The blue spot on the belly. The rest is old apparently she had ich before I got her. We’re coming off copper power now and today I noticed that round looking abscess looking thing

Attachments

• IMG_2702.MOV
    22.6 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The round thing appears to be deterioration of flesh and may be bacterial
This fish needs to be quarantined and treated with seachem metroplex and focus a binder to the food assuming it’s eating I see also heavy hlle . Water quality and diet will play a role in healing and overall health
Pic are fuzzy
Can you provide a couple of more under white lighting?
What foods are you feeding?

OP
OP
C

cpalminteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fish needs to be quarantined and treated with seachem metroplex and focus a binder to the food assuming it’s eating I see also heavy hlle . Water quality and diet will play a role in healing and overall health
Pic are fuzzy
Will do! Hille makes sense she’s been in copper for a while but she’s coming out of it now. She’s in QT and Eats flakes and Nori. There was def a time where she wasn’t eating though very skittish

OP
OP
C

cpalminteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do! Hille makes sense she’s been in copper for a while but she’s coming out of it now. She’s in QT and Eats flakes and Nori. There was def a time where she wasn’t eating though very skittish
I’ll try and get better pictures but she always hides from me

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Some foids that are a must:
LRS herbivore diet
Spirulina brine shrimp
Mysis shrimp
Formula 2 frozen
Hikari veggie diet
Hikari marine cuisine

Add selcon vitamins and garlic extract to the foods for immunity health and stamina

OP
OP
C

cpalminteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some foids that are a must:
LRS herbivore diet
Spirulina brine shrimp
Mysis shrimp
Formula 2 frozen
Hikari veggie diet
Hikari marine cuisine

Add selcon vitamins and garlic extract to the foods for immunity health and stamina
How can I tell if she’s healing ? The body wound looks darker now. Doesn’t look like live flesh anymore. Will it completely go away or is that mark going to stay forever ?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How can I tell if she’s healing ? The body wound looks darker now. Doesn’t look like live flesh anymore. Will it completely go away or is that mark going to stay forever ?
Will take a while (several weeks, even months). . . . you will notice coloration restoring and not grossly deformed

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic are fuzzy

According to Jay feeding meteoplex and focus is never a good idea because to get the correct amount of metro is extremely difficult and the fish likely won't eat it if you have the right amount

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
According to Jay feeding meteoplex and focus is never a good idea because to get the correct amount of metro is extremely difficult and the fish likely won't eat it if you have the right amount
Focus is a polymer binder and is Not a requirement. It assures the fish is taking in Metro if finicky

OP
OP
C

cpalminteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Focus is a polymer binder and is Not a requirement. It assures the fish is taking in Metro if finicky
I have her on general cure, but metro and focus is next if I don’t see any change. Although the wound is starting to look better and she’s still eating her reg flakes

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have her on general cure, but metro and focus is next if I don’t see any change. Although the wound is starting to look better and she’s still eating her reg flakes
What other foods are you feeding it?

OP
OP
C

cpalminteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help :( swim bladder? Is she a goner? We had just finished Gen Cure and next week she was going into my big tank parameters normal, did water change yest I saw on my camera this happened in two mins was fine and next min spinning
408F2A98-E749-4B72-913C-DF0D3FAEED7D.jpeg

Attachments

• B76FFB66-320E-46E2-BE64-F1B8F0B7E604.jpeg
    B76FFB66-320E-46E2-BE64-F1B8F0B7E604.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3476.MOV
    66.1 MB
Back