QT filtration

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm slowly accumulating equipment and trying to decide what HOB filters to buy for QT. I am going to use 55 gallon totes. I think I am going to plan on running "option a" from https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-to-quarantine.189815/ which is Prazipro and Chloroquine phosphate and wait.

Is something like the EHEIM Liberty HOB filter series good enough? Or should I step up to something like Seachem Tidal Power Filter? The self priming part of the Tidal sounds like a nice feature for peace of mind. But it isn't something I will be using very often so I don't want to spend money just to spend money. A different direction is fine too if there are better recommendations. The totes do have a 1-ish inch lip to consider

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have zero experience with the Eheim, but I have tons with the Tidal and have two for QT. I love them. Excellent filter and easy to clean.

OP
OP
G

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Tidal 110 likely enough to avoid needing other equipment in the 55 gal QT other than something like a light, heater, or ammonia detector?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of Aquaclear. Have several of them. Easy to clean. Easy to load up with foam, bags of ceramic media, charcoal. Reliable.

Back