QT Graduation

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had 5 Chromis (now 3) and a Coral Beauty in QT for over a month. The tank is looking really nasty right now. Nitrates are probably off the charts. Anyway.....Treatments have included GC (water and food). Metro (water and food) and Cupramine throughout. I lost two of the Chromis to Uronema as recently as early last week. They looked good one day. Dead the next. ;Dead

Currently I have no obvious symptoms of disease. But who knows. Are there any thoughts on there on whether I am safe to graduate these suckers into DT?;Nailbiting

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe observe fish in QT for a week or two before moving to DT. Patience now pays off down the road.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had 5 Chromis (now 3) and a Coral Beauty in QT for over a month. The tank is looking really nasty right now. Nitrates are probably off the charts. Anyway.....Treatments have included GC (water and food). Metro (water and food) and Cupramine throughout. I lost two of the Chromis to Uronema as recently as early last week. They looked good one day. Dead the next. ;Dead

Currently I have no obvious symptoms of disease. But who knows. Are there any thoughts on there on whether I am safe to graduate these suckers into DT?;Nailbiting
I would be concerned about the recent uronema deaths. At a minimum, I would do a water change and observe without meds for at least 2 weeks.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would recommend keeping them in an unmedicated QT for 14 days.

Just observe them. That way you don't risk infection of your DT if something did slip through treatment.

Anything that makes it through will generally show up in the first 7-14 days of no meds.

OP
OP
Fastpitch

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience. Rrrrgh. That I cant do.;Bored

Great idea guys. Thanks. I will do a large WC and run carbon to remove meds. Two more weeks......;Sour

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back