OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This doesn't line up with ich. The trophonts should remain on the fish for a minimum of 3 days. Not be there in the morning, gone in the afternoon. Are you sure it isn't just sand sticking to his skin? That happens a lot if you have a critter which likes to stir up the sand and then the flow blows it around your tank.

When i get home if I see anything on any fish i will try my best to take a good shot. But its not sand for sure because my tomato clown looks weird n eyes are cloudy. He is ashy color now and w/e is usually on them isnt on for no longer than a day or 2 but thr puffer sleays looks bad n his eyes are worse and he has been like this going on 3 weeks Sunday. Idk how he is still alive esp without eating. But at this point im more worried about my other fish than him *sad to say*.

But my niger trigger for sure had a few specs on him this morning and when i went back home to check on them in the afternoon it was gone.

I want to cry bcuz i dnt want anything to happen to any of them esp. My black damsel :/ but i will post something asap

Merck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i should still medicate my DT even of there are no fish in there?
IF IT IS AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS, IT WILL NOT HURT , KORDON ICK ATTACK REEF SAFE TREATMENT FOR DISEASE CAUSED BY ICK, PROTOZOANS AND DINIFLAGELLATES.IF YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A ALLFISH TANK YOU MY WANT TO STOCK UP ON COPPERSAFE &MEDS.THE KORDON,PUT IN TANK AT NIGHT BECAUSE IT WILL CLOUD THE TANK FOR JUST A LITTLE BIT.BUT YOU NEED TO DO COPPERSAFE.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i get home if I see anything on any fish i will try my best to take a good shot. But its not sand for sure because my tomato clown looks weird n eyes are cloudy. He is ashy color now and w/e is usually on them isnt on for no longer than a day or 2 but thr puffer sleays looks bad n his eyes are worse and he has been like this going on 3 weeks Sunday. Idk how he is still alive esp without eating. But at this point im more worried about my other fish than him *sad to say*.

But my niger trigger for sure had a few specs on him this morning and when i went back home to check on them in the afternoon it was gone.

I want to cry bcuz i dnt want anything to happen to any of them esp. My black damsel :/ but i will post something asap

Yes, please post pics so we can get to the bottom of this.

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Merck i ask because I've never heard of anyone treating thier DT so i wasn't sure if i read it incorrectly but ok thanks!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, ugh i wish i read that from before but ok ill jist toss all the water out n make a fresh batch. Thanks!

So is the bacteria in the bottle going to produce good bacteria since i have nothing live in the qt?

Products like "dr tims one and only", "biospera" and a few others will at least give you a bacteria population to start off with that will help you fight the ammonia that is going to build up. Until they have time to populate more you'll still need to do water changes often. After a while they will populate enough to keep you from doing daily changes... maybe. Its hard to tell with that many fish going into such a small QT, but we do what we can with what we got.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Products like "dr tims one and only", "biospera" and a few others will at least give you a bacteria population to start off with that will help you fight the ammonia that is going to build up. Until they have time to populate more you'll still need to do water changes often. After a while they will populate enough to keep you from doing daily changes... maybe. Its hard to tell with that many fish going into such a small QT, but we do what we can with what we got.

^^Agree. This lady is getting good at this. :)

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ahh i see ok thanks for the info. I will for sure get one of those products.

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444356313.664959.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444356324.364163.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444356353.336311.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444356389.434262.jpg

Here are pics... My niger trigger looks covered in it again n is not eating. This is ich right?

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444356313.650197.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444356324.379223.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ick to me with an infection in the eyes of the puffer. Humblefish will of course confirm for you. I used kanaplex for the infection and cuprimine for the ick with my fish... just my experience. Its scary but you can save them. Just do your best and the ones that can be saved will be as long as you listen to humblefish. He really knows his stuff. Good luck!

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ick to me with an infection in the eyes of the puffer. Humblefish will of course confirm for you. I used kanaplex for the infection and cuprimine for the ick with my fish... just my experience. Its scary but you can save them. Just do your best and the ones that can be saved will be as long as you listen to humblefish. He really knows his stuff. Good luck!

Thanks for the confirmation as well as the words os encouragement bcuz it is kind of scary. Im restarting my qt tank now as we speak. Thanks again!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ick to me with an infection in the eyes of the puffer.

^^This. The "good news" is I think the white dots are too large to be velvet, which explains why your fish have managed this long without treatment. The bad news is I doubt very much your puffer will survive copper treatment. Your only viable option is to treat with hyposalinity unless you can treat the puffer separately. Chloroquine phosphate (in lieu of copper) would be ideal for this situation but that is really hard to get. Especially on such short notice.

And as @melypr1985 pointed out, you will need to use Kanaplex for that eye infection. Erythromycin also works well.

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^This. The "good news" is

Ok so I'm going to either do copper or hypo. I seen some of your other post so i will go look them up again.

In my qt can i put stresscoat since i always use tap water? I knw i cant use prime.

And do i let everything run normally in my DT once i get all my fish put including my protein skimmer and uv sterilizer? Do i turn anything off?

Im sure ill have more questions so please me patient with me lol

Thanks for your help! Wish me luck!!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have all the fish out of the DT let it run as normal. Still put some food in there occasionally and do your normal maintanence.

Since your not using copper (because of the puffer) you dont have to worry about the prime or stress coat. Though if the puffer dies and you choose to use the copper, you'll have to get RO/DI water for the QT instead of tap.

OP
OP
merlberg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have all the fish out of the DT let it run as normal. Still put some food in there occasionally and do your normal maintanence.

Since your not using copper (because of the puffer) you dont have to worry about the prime or stress coat. Though if the puffer dies and you choose to use the copper, you'll have to get RO/DI water for the QT instead of tap.

Ok about keep my DT running normal... Thanks.

No i will be using copper as for the puffer, im giving to my lfs since my friend works there and just hope for the best. I already have the qt set up and did it with tap water [emoji30] but i will be getting ro/di water to top it off or for water changes. So for now since i used the tap water can i add stress coat? And in general when using copper can stress coat be added? Thanks for your help!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back