Qt meds

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a midas blenny and he's in qt. My plan was prazipro then copper power for 30 days. Should I also give metro mixed and focus mixed with food? I would like to cover all bases before going into dt.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I prefer to dose copper then prazi. Protozoan diseases kill much quicker than flukes do. I would skip the metro/focus, the dosing just doesn’t work out, if you need to dose with metro, perhaps consider General Cure.
Jay

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I prefer to dose copper then prazi. Protozoan diseases kill much quicker than flukes do. I would skip the metro/focus, the dosing just doesn’t work out, if you need to dose with metro, perhaps consider General Cure.
Jay

Out of curiosity, what do you mean that the dosing just doesn't work out in regards to metro/focus?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, what do you mean that the dosing just doesn't work out in regards to metro/focus?
Sorry, I should have explained better, take a look in the articles section here for my article on medicated foods, it talks about why better calculations are needed for medicated foods.
Jay

OP
OP
R

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay
Can I dose prazipro and copper at the same time? Like maybe dose prazipro while I'm raising copper to therapeutic level? It would be nice to cut a week off quarantine time.

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider Hybrid TTM - don't medicate if nothing wrong. This method deals with ich, velvet, etc.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I dose prazipro and copper at the same time? Like maybe dose prazipro while I'm raising copper to therapeutic level? It would be nice to cut a week off quarantine time.
I don't like to do that, it only causes extra stress. Besides, you don't want to have "cutting quarantine short" as a goal - in many cases, it is the time taken that helps work things out. Also, many people have made the mistake of taking too long to ramp their copper up. That is old advice, based on copper/citric acid solutions that they don't really sell any more. The organically bound coppers can be ramped up right away - as long as you get the dose right and are testing with an accurate kit. Think about all the dealers and importers who get fish in and those go into full copper right away. I've seen cases where people were slowly ramping up copper (to the extreme, like over a week) and then velvet got going in the tank. Confusing those symptoms with copper toxicity, these people then pull the copper and the fish just die from velvet - very sad....

Jay

OP
OP
R

Reefer_madness78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like to do that, it only causes extra stress. Besides, you don't want to have "cutting quarantine short" as a goal - in many cases, it is the time taken that helps work things out. Also, many people have made the mistake of taking too long to ramp their copper up. That is old advice, based on copper/citric acid solutions that they don't really sell any more. The organically bound coppers can be ramped up right away - as long as you get the dose right and are testing with an accurate kit. Think about all the dealers and importers who get fish in and those go into full copper right away. I've seen cases where people were slowly ramping up copper (to the extreme, like over a week) and then velvet got going in the tank. Confusing those symptoms with copper toxicity, these people then pull the copper and the fish just die from velvet - very sad....

Jay
Thanks for the reply and advice I appreciate it. Patience is hard lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back