QT'ing ignitus anthias recommendations

Brian S

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your time!

Anthias Ignitus and ywg have been in my qt tank for 12 days - seem to be doing well! Eating flake and PE Calanus.

Do you have any recommendations on qt'ing procedures specific to anthias - ie medications, concentrations and durations? They all look healthy - don't want to put them through any unnecessary treatments.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you've been observing them for 12 days - correct? Short of running them through some form of treatment, there's always the risk of introducing something into your DT simply through observation only.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for your time!

Anthias Ignitus and ywg have been in my qt tank for 12 days - seem to be doing well! Eating flake and PE Calanus.

Do you have any recommendations on qt'ing procedures specific to anthias - ie medications, concentrations and durations? They all look healthy - don't want to put them through any unnecessary treatments.
At minimum, I would use Ruby Rally Pro as these guys are susceptible to uronema and most definiteky bump up diet. LRS Fish Frenzy and mysis shrimp are good additions.

OP
OP
B

Brian S

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

I tried rods original not much interest, but I tried it early on.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your time!

Observational quarantine is always very risky. Flukes and Cryptocaryon can show up later on. I use Coppersafe and then Praziquantel on anthias without issue, other than new anthias sometimes die from non-disease issues.
If your display has many valuable fish in it, I think you need to treat the anthias to protect them. If your tank has few fish in it, then 45 days observation might work o.k., since the risk to existing fish is low.

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back