OP
OP
>>klong<<

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’ve been to both Hidden Reef and Mini Reef. I don’t remember seeing live rock at Mini Reef, but will give them a ring. Being that this is a small build, maybe I’ll roll the dice.

OP
OP
>>klong<<

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped by Hidden Reef today and looked at their live rock. It looked to all be manufactured rock that they’ve thrown into vats. I saw a bit of aptasia and their brand new centerpiece Red Sea Reefer XXL750 build was stocked with very sick fish. I don’t think I’ll buy anything wet from there.

They did have some awesome prices on salt and other dry goods, though. Red Sea blue bucket was $49 compared to $72 at BRS. 200g box of IO Reef Crystals was under $30.

I picked up a 10 gallon QT for 8.99.

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped by Hidden Reef today and looked at their live rock. It looked to all be manufactured rock that they’ve thrown into vats. I saw a bit of aptasia and their brand new centerpiece Red Sea Reefer XXL750 build was stocked with very sick fish. I don’t think I’ll buy anything wet from there.

They did have some awesome prices on salt and other dry goods, though. Red Sea blue bucket was $49 compared to $72 at BRS. 200g box of IO Reef Crystals was under $30.

Yeah. I only buy freshwater fish. And dry goods from hidden reef. Nobody can beat their salt prices it seems

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

i’ve been shopping at the hidden reef for 4yrs now and over the years i have definitely seen a major decrease in quality and stock in the store. I don’t buy corals and fish from there but i do indeed buy my red sea salt and other dry goods

Jg2269jg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to shop at the old hidden reef before it flooded out. It was a great store with quality employees and great products. It is a real disappointment that Ziggy let the fish room look and be run so crappy. You can see every type of algae in all their systems, sick fish dieing corals. But at least their dry goods are priced well I guess.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back