Quality Of "Aqua Medic" Products ?

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When compared to say, Jebao for cost's, how do the products from Aqua Medic stack up ?

Pumps, powerheads, dosers, ATO, controller,.....etc.....

Are their products reliable and are good quality ?

skim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be more popular in Europe, I did own one of their skimmers and I liked it very much and times wish I still had it. The Turbo Floater 1000. I believe it was one of the first Needle wheel Skimmers on the market and it was a true needle wheel not Pin wheel and it also was a recirculating skimmer to boot. The bubbles were so fine when the cup was off you could see a mist rising from the body, the foam or froth that it made was as thick as shaving cream. Build quality was I guess similar to Tunze and Deltec being made at the time. I remember the big competition at the time was between the Aqua Medic 1000 and the Deltec BM-1 I believe it was called. They are German company but I do not know if they make their products in Germany or not. Is there better more then likely. Have they had bad products, I am sure they have but I am sure their equipment would be competitive to much of what is out there. They have been around for quite some time now. You may want to check on RC as they may have a larger European following.

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be more popular in Europe, I did own one of their skimmers and I liked it very much and times wish I still had it. The Turbo Floater 1000. I believe it was one of the first Needle wheel Skimmers on the market and it was a true needle wheel not Pin wheel and it also was a recirculating skimmer to boot. The bubbles were so fine when the cup was off you could see a mist rising from the body, the foam or froth that it made was as thick as shaving cream. Build quality was I guess similar to Tunze and Deltec being made at the time. I remember the big competition at the time was between the Aqua Medic 1000 and the Deltec BM-1 I believe it was called. They are German company but I do not know if they make their products in Germany or not. Is there better more then likely. Have they had bad products, I am sure they have but I am sure their equipment would be competitive to much of what is out there. They have been around for quite some time now. You may want to check on RC as they may have a larger European following.

Although I haven't done much research, I had no idea that their quality was up to Tunze & Deltec, or that they have skimmers. Mainly looked on Marine Depot for prices.

http://www.aquamedicusa.com/products/protein-skimmers/

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Turbo Floter skimmer has been around a very long time and used to be considered one of the better ones out there and was up there with the deltecs but not quite. I believe there's an old article out there with like top 10 skimmers and the Turbo Flotor was honerable mention in the list. I think it was from around 2009 on Reef Builders.

now I'm going to have to find the article.

Last edited:

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua Medic also rebrands a lot of stuff. Their ozone generator is a Sanders and their powerheads are Jebaos. At least they are extremely close if not built by the exact same manufacturers.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"now I'm going to have to find the article"

Lol,.....
Yeah found several from reefbuilders highlighting the turboflotor but couldn't find that one I remember reading years ago. It was like a top 10 skimmer list.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back