Quarantine fish

nysnakemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm new to the hobby and would appreciate it if you guys could recommend places to get quarantine fish from.

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef. There are a few places I know that quarantine livestock. One of which is marinecollectors.com it's run by a guy named Elliot. Take at look at his protocol for QT. The prices may reflect the work goes into it but he can prob source you what ever your looking for.

OP
OP
N

nysnakemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef. There are a few places I know that quarantine livestock. One of which is marinecollectors.com it's run by a guy named Elliot. Take at look at his protocol for QT. The prices may reflect the work goes into it but he can prob source you what ever your looking for.
Thanks very much.I tried him and he seems like a real nice guy but his fish around the high-end so I don't think they're quite suited for me but thanks a lot I appreciate the input

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any quarantined fish will come at a large premium. It is best to set up a quarantine tank and do your own. Quarantine serves two purposes. The first is to get the fish disease free. The second is to get them used to your feeding situation. You want them eating readily. Also new fish tend to be stressed and can stand some feeding and pampering.

OP
OP
N

nysnakemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any quarantined fish will come at a large premium. It is best to set up a quarantine tank and do your own. Quarantine serves two purposes. The first is to get the fish disease free. The second is to get them used to your feeding situation. You want them eating readily. Also new fish tend to be stressed and can stand some feeding and pampering.
Ok thanks

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some recommended vendors. #1 being the most reputable in my opinion.

1) Humblefish Aquatics
2) Marine Collectors
3) Divers Den - Live aquaria

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also add "AquaLocker.com" to the list. They have three different levels for prep / quarantine. I am definitely going to use them when it comes to quarantining more difficult fish.

Back