Quarantine Medications ???

aquakj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, I just want to know when keeping fish in QT for general practice in order to avoid disease in the Display, what medications should I use during this process? Is there a general medication that I can use or what are good methods to practice? Thank You!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General Cure is one Prazi Pro is another

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My basic quarantine is 30 days copper, followed by 3x prazipro, 1 week apart, then 2 weeks observation. Rushing things can be an issue. I should add that I use dedicated quarantine tanks of ample size for the fish.
Jay

NJC123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My basic quarantine is 30 days copper, followed by 3x prazipro, 1 week apart, then 2 weeks observation. Rushing things can be an issue. I should add that I use dedicated quarantine tanks of ample size for the fish.
Jay
What's your thereputic level of copper? I use Copper safe. And also what do you mean 3x prazi pro?

Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your thereputic level of copper? I use Copper safe. And also what do you mean 3x prazi pro?

Thanks
I use coppersafe as the dosage is listed on the bottle, for the actual volume of the water in the tank. I test using an API kit and a spectrophotometer, so the numbers won’t equate for you.

3x prazi is: a 2ppm dose, wait 7 days, redose, and then redose again at 14 days. I use bulk prazi, you may need to do 25% water changes if you are using prazipro (due to the solvent it uses).
Jay

NJC123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use coppersafe as the dosage is listed on the bottle, for the actual volume of the water in the tank. I test using an API kit and a spectrophotometer, so the numbers won’t equate for you.

3x prazi is: a 2ppm dose, wait 7 days, redose, and then redose again at 14 days. I use bulk prazi, you may need to do 25% water changes if you are using prazipro (due to the solvent it uses).
Jay
Why Prazi over General cure (in the water column)?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why Prazi over General cure (in the water column)?
General Cure has metronidazole in it, and although I've used that in the past, I prefer to rely on copper for anti-protozoal work. Also, I sometimes run prazi as high as 4 mg/l, and with GC, I'm stuck with the ratio they supply it in, else I might OD on the metro.

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back