OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She still looks healthy. No sunken belly or anything. I have a pod culture. And now a phyto culture to feed the pod culture. Hopefully she will eventually transition, but I have no aggressive feeders with her currently. It’s just her and a goby still post ich fallow period....

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday the wrasse decided it wanted to eat frozen food! I was feeding my wellso with a container and the wrasse started going crazy trying to eat the mysis that were floating in the water. When I saw this, I stuck some in the sand that was still frozen and she started picking at it :) today I stuck some brine shrimp in the sand, and some cyclops and she ate them too. I guess for now I'll try putting it in the sand or in the rockwork until she gets used to it. Took a long time, but I think it's progress! (Unintentional, but I'll take it) ;Happy

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday the wrasse decided it wanted to eat frozen food! I was feeding my wellso with a container and the wrasse started going crazy trying to eat the mysis that were floating in the water. When I saw this, I stuck some in the sand that was still frozen and she started picking at it :) today I stuck some brine shrimp in the sand, and some cyclops and she ate them too. I guess for now I'll try putting it in the sand or in the rockwork until she gets used to it. Took a long time, but I think it's progress! (Unintentional, but I'll take it) ;Happy
How about the mandarin?

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try to snap a picture of him for you tomorrow. Most expensive fish I own since I bought a biota mandarin :D

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I have found ova to be almost foolproof with leopard wrasses. My new female ornate (quite small at about 1") refused everything for a few days, then took a little ova, then calanus, then brine and now everything. One other thing to try in the future is the LRS fish eggs.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I have found ova to be almost foolproof with leopard wrasses. My new female ornate (quite small at about 1") refused everything for a few days, then took a little ova, then calanus, then brine and now everything. One other thing to try in the future is the LRS fish eggs.
I've found it to be almost foolproof with every fish I've ever owned lol. Good stuff, I wonder if it's back in stock online, I'm running out......

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was unavailable for a long time, but just when I was almost out last Fall it was available again. I replenished my stash, and now it's unobtanium again. Hopefully that changes at which point I'm buying a whole case.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was unavailable for a long time, but just when I was almost out last Fall it was available again. I replenished my stash, and now it's unobtanium again.
Haha yeah I think I reupped when you did. On my last pack.

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a very good picture taker, but here he is!

D317402E-D080-4F33-81C3-8F1900ED9A05.jpeg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember the books where is Waldo....
Here’s my little mandarin from biota.
F82FC70F-7FE4-4488-A172-59E11BF7DD77.jpeg

My camera focuses on the bigger aglea over the little mandarin every time haha
#mod please delete this duplicate post

OP
OP
KMench

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine showed up a bit skinny. I swear he’s grown 1/2” in two months since I’ve got him. He’s plumped up a ton.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back