Quarantine Question Regarding Humblefish Protocol

capt.dave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to buy a Powder Brown Tang and will quarantine using Humblefish's protocol. I'd really like to use "Option B" where you use Copper at therapeutic levels for 2 weeks then switch fish and fish only to a second complete setup. The problem is I really don't want to buy a second tank. I know they're cheap but I have no place to store two QTs when we're done. Would it be sufficient, do you think, to take the fish, copper laced water, and equipment out of the QT and put them all in a rubbermaid bin for a day and bleach the glass tank to kill any eggs, etc., then thoroughly rinse and dry the tank, fill with fresh saltwater at same salinity, new filter, heater, etc. and transfer the fish back in the next day? Will a bleach wash be sufficient to sanitize the tank and ensure no ick or anything else is left when it gets refilled?

OP
OP
capt.dave

capt.dave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I think I found the answer from @melypr1985

Bottom line, yes but I need to let it dry 72 hours. Can do!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back