Quarantine Question

George S.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a setup for Quarantine and I'm wondering about my first inhabitants once the cycle is complete. I don't think I have heard anyone talk about the first fish going in. Do I need to put those guys into the QT or is it ok to go straight to the display if I do not plan to add any other fish for a while?

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I treat all my fish with copper and general cure especially the first fish in case they have some type of disease/parasite so you don’t spread it to new fish after the have been threw quarantine.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a setup for Quarantine and I'm wondering about my first inhabitants once the cycle is complete. I don't think I have heard anyone talk about the first fish going in. Do I need to put those guys into the QT or is it ok to go straight to the display if I do not plan to add any other fish for a while?
Well from what I have gathered, if anything goes wrong one could have to go fallow for quite a while, like a few months. So that is a risk that you'd have to consider if you add your first fish to the display instead of QT.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back