Question abouf Franks F Aiptasia

Travis Alderman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I used F Aiptasia in a couple areas of my tank. I turned off all flow for 30 minutes including the return. When I turned everything back on the solution blew everywhere.

So, did I just create an army of a thousand little aiptasia? Because the whole concept is that it smothers the pest hardens and then you can remove it. I noticed that any aiptasia that I used the solution on are still not visible.

Also I noticed that I have aiptasia in the middle of some zoanthid frags. Any advice on how to use F Aiptasia without killing the zoas.

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last night I used F Aiptasia in a couple areas of my tank. I turned off all flow for 30 minutes including the return. When I turned everything back on the solution blew everywhere.

So, did I just create an army of a thousand little aiptasia? Because the whole concept is that it smothers the pest hardens and then you can remove it. I noticed that any aiptasia that I used the solution on are still not visible.

Also I noticed that I have aiptasia in the middle of some zoanthid frags. Any advicemon how to use F Aiptasia without killing the zoas.

@Frank's Tanks - can you jump in with some guidance? Thanks.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also turned my flow back on and had the same results. I quickly shut it back off and left it for a couple of hours. This was a couple weeks ago and I have not seen any new aipt showing up. FWIW

OP
OP
T

Travis Alderman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also turned my flow back on and had the same results. I quickly shut it back off and left it for a couple of hours. This was a couple weeks ago and I have not seen any new aipt showing up. FWIW
I was thinking about turning the flow back off, however i was worried that the solution might settle on some corals.

I feel a little better that you are not seeing any new little s o b's.

OP
OP
T

Travis Alderman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I do is after about 30 minutes and before turning on the PH's I go around with turkey baster and suck up all the spots I hit with F-Aptaisa.
dang thats a good idea. Wish i thought of it.

It was my first time using it. We all know how first times go...

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps you used too much? My understanding is that you just need to cover the mouth. It doesn't blow away for me.

Frank's Tanks

1 of 3 F-Aiptasia Creators
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have no ideas why I don’t get any indicators that I have new messages either in a forum or private message. Perhaps I just don’t know exactly how to utilize R2R. What I’m learning is that I need to simply login at least a few times a week and check for new messages as I have had several in different forum that I am just seeing. In case anyone ever needs me, please feel free to call or text me at 817 343-2920 .
I always want to be transparent with ANYTHING regarding this product so these forums are perfect for that. I must learn how to get notifications.

As for the product blowing after 30 minutes, the gentleman’s idea of using a turkey ******* is perfect although I have not had to resort to that. What I’m finding is that in certain tanks and situations, another 15 minutes to harden may become necessary in some tanks. I’ve not been able to determine what creates those differences from tank to tank. In some situations where flow is low of greatly diminished in areas of a tank, turning off powerheads for those particular areas isn’t even necessary.
Although this product was made to kill aptasia and has been known to kill majanos, unwanted zoanthids, palythoa, and mushrooms, small dry amounts that blow around AFTER THE WAIT PERIOD AND AFTER THE PUMPS HAVE BEEN TURNED BACK ON, have already been rendered harmless. Again, I love the guys genius idea in regards to the turkey baster!

I thank the so many of you for your support and I thank you all even MORE for not being critical when something is not understood. This is an absolutely beautiful forum of beautiful people! Thanks!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back