Question about a slimy film im getting.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its opaque-ish to white-ish. It coats the inside surfaces of my sump and skimmer. When I turn off my return pump, it sloughs off in the return section of the sump so when the pump turns back on, it make the display tank into a snow globe for a few minutes. Harmless to inhabitants.

Ive never carbon dosed. Very simple basic filtration... live rock, skimmer, marine pure cubes in the sump, filter sock. Thats it. Been up and running for a couple of years.

Any ideas? Thanks.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its opaque-ish to white-ish. It coats the inside surfaces of my sump and skimmer. When I turn off my return pump, it sloughs off in the return section of the sump so when the pump turns back on, it make the display tank into a snow globe for a few minutes. Harmless to inhabitants.

Ive never carbon dosed. Very simple basic filtration... live rock, skimmer, marine pure cubes in the sump, filter sock. Thats it. Been up and running for a couple of years.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Bacteria? Maybe....

OP
OP
XNavyDiver

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like bacterial bloom. do you dose microbacter7, vibrant, waste away? those are common causes
Its what came to mind first, and you're most likely correct. I don't dose anything of those. Its a 20 gallon nano and i just do a weekly wc to keep nutrients stable and low.
Wierd.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back