Question about blue/green reef chromis feeding

Leaellynasaura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have my display tank lights coming on from moonlight around 10:30 am and full light at 12:00 or so. Then at 8:00 pm they shift to blue and then moonlight and off. Due to my work schedule m-f I can only feed them once in the evening. In the morning I have the lights set to ramp up quickly over 20 mins from moonlight to weak white light for a 10 minute window in which I give them breakfast. This is around 6:30 AM. After the 10 minutes it ramps down to moonlight and off until the normal schedule.

All the fish seem fine with this except the chromis. Only 1 of the 5 will eat during the morning meal. How much time do you find it takes your chromis fish to wake up before they will eat?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once they are active, which only takes a couple of minutes for chromis.

Have you considered changing tour light schedule so that it can be viewed and fed by you more conveniently? Or perhaps consider an auto feeder for when you are at work.

scurvy dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had BG Chromis be anything but big eaters lights on or light off. I like the movement they offer in the tank, but I am an every other day feeder and they don't take too well to that schedule.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back