Question about filtration/chemi-pure

H2oheartny3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 month old tank - 50 gal cube with sump. I have had a diatom issue for quite a while now... was thinking about adding chemi-pure blue as a phosphate/silicate remover. Only question is where does it go?? Just throw it in the sump?? Will it get enough flow?? Should I add a HOB filter for it??

San Diego Husky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put it at the bottom of my filter sock so it gets good direct flow, if you don't use socks then place it in your sump near the return line.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I would like to welcome you to R2R.. you can just drop it in your sump but for best performance you need water running through it, you could buy or make a small reactor to use with your chemipure if you don’t have a spot in your sump to get sufficient flow through it.

dawson reynolds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 month old tank - 50 gal cube with sump. I have had a diatom issue for quite a while now... was thinking about adding chemi-pure blue as a phosphate/silicate remover. Only question is where does it go?? Just throw it in the sump?? Will it get enough flow?? Should I add a HOB filter for it??
Tbh my it will probably go away on its own if your using rodi water. My tank had it bad when I first started it up.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Place in path of good current. I have mine in area where water enters the sump.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back