Question about fin rot

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a dream fuzzy lion fish whose find are all torn up, his spins are exposed and all of his fish are just torn. Now none of my other fish have this problem at all.

Does fin rot effect the whole tank cause I did see my angle being aggressive toward the fuzzy chasing him around but again none of the find on my other fish are torn at all.

I have now sectioned off the fuzzy so he is by himself in hopes his fins will heal. If this sounds like he was just being picked on please let me know also if that's the case what's the average time for fins to heal?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures would help, but it's likely he was being picked on by the angel

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could take pictures but he's already in a like breader cube so he can heal and when I zoom in it only shows netting haha

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with @Crabs Mcjones , if you saw aggressive behavior, likely resulted in damage.

Keep an eye on the lion, likely will heal on its own. Add things like vitachem and Selcon to foods, this will help healing process.

If you don't have a QT be prepared to move the fish to a QT and treat with antibiotics if you don't see improvement or things worsen since he is sectioned off now.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have no. Torn for a couple of days now he's still eating good and stuff but I'll get some of the stuff you requested to help him heal up faster I can also set up a at in 10 mins so if I need to we good

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back