Question about hooking up Vectra M1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to order separate fittings to hook up an ecotech vectra m1 to the red sea reefer 750xxl stock plumbing?

Thanks

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping the M1 came with connections for 1" PVC and insert but did not. I used the 1.5" FIPT reducer to 1" slip and just added a valve and then a union.

I would checkout BRS 160 youtube channel where they plumb the m1 to their tank. They used a insert fitting for there tubing. A standard 1" PVC would not hook up to the m1 so I was forced to improvise as I am sure you may have to get a part or 2. Hope this helps
20170413_015200.jpg

OP
OP
Daltrey

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched a video on YouTube where someone took a dremel and ground down a schedule 40 pipe to fit the blue collar but was hoping there was an easier way. I do have a dremel but would really like to find an easier way to make the connection.

I just used flexible tubing and a barb fitting on my 155 but was hoping to build a cleaner looking setup this time around.

20171122_111626.jpg

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like to much work. Look towards the end of this video if your going with flex tubing. It seems BRS used a 1" PVC slip fitting and used pvc cement to glue it to the blue fitting. I can't see it holding any other way and surprised ryan did not explain it further.

also, the connector I used I believe it was a 1 1/4", not 1.5" Let us know what you decide.

OP
OP
Daltrey

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I’m not the only one to come across this problem. After reading the reviews it seems that Ecotech decided to make something that should have been simple into something difficult. It’s like they make their products and never bothered to try them out. Why not include the correct fittings to hook this up to begin with? Even my cheap Jebao pumps came with the fittings needed.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vectra-m1-barb-screen-kit-ecotech-marine.html

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I’m not the only one to come across this problem. After reading the reviews it seems that Ecotech decided to make something that should have been simple into something difficult. It’s like they make their products and never bothered to try them out. Why not include the correct fittings to hook this up to begin with? Even my cheap Jebao pumps came with the fittings needed.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vectra-m1-barb-screen-kit-ecotech-marine.html

Yeah I agree with you... My cheap waterchange pump came with 5 different fittings but when your buying a porsche and not a toyota your more likely gonna pay extra for upgrades :mad: It cost over $100 just to hang my radions!

OP
OP
Daltrey

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree with you... My cheap waterchange pump came with 5 different fittings but when your buying a porsche and not a toyota your more likely gonna pay extra for upgrades :mad: It cost over $100 just to hang my radions!

Your lucky. It cost me $300 to hang mine. I had to use three rms mounts.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back