Question about Longnose Hawkfish Color Morphs and Other Differences. I need help deciding.

Perpetual Novice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to do the second wave of stocking in my 100 gallon tank and decided I'm going to make a bulk order of smaller fish on LIve Aquaria. I want to get a Longnose Hawkfish but when I went to add it to my cart I saw they offer two options the same size and the same price. The only difference between the options is where they are collected: Indonesia vs Sri Lanka/Maldives. I assume this means there is some relevant difference between the Longnose Hawkfish collected at each of these locations. My best guess is that they would have a slightly different color morph but I can't find any information online or on Liveaquaria about what the differences might be between these two collection sites.

Is anyone familiar with these fish and might know why Liveaquaria lists them separately?

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it. Live aquaria generally lists the various supply locations for any fish. Look at a circumtropical fish like the longnose butterfly you can get it from a half dozen different locations with no difference in color or patterns.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back