Question About QT and Going Fallow

Arnata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello sir... i have a question with QT method... right now my DT is going fallow (Velvet and ick i guess) and my plan is to start QT and treat fish with copper for 30 days.
and the problem is I only have 1 QT, as you know going fallow takes 76 days

will that be a problem when I lower the dose of copper in QT or get rid of it after the treatment is over (30 days) and stayed like that until fallow period is over?

I'm afraid that tomonts / theronts will infect the fish again after 30 days, I read an article that says "it took 72 days for all the theronts to be released from a group of tomonts" , So my guess after the treatment was finished there were still some tomonts in my QT and after become theronts it will infect the fish again

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello sir... i have a question with QT method... right now my DT is going fallow (Velvet and ick i guess) and my plan is to start QT and treat fish with copper for 30 days.
and the problem is I only have 1 QT, as you know going fallow takes 76 days

will that be a problem when I lower the dose of copper in QT or get rid of it after the treatment is over (30 days) and stayed like that until fallow period is over?

I'm afraid that tomonts / theronts will infect the fish again after 30 days, I read an article that says "it took 72 days for all the theronts to be released from a group of tomonts" , So my guess after the treatment was finished there were still some tomonts in my QT and after become theronts it will infect the fish again
Yes, it is possible that your fish can be reinfected after 30 days in copper, cause like you said, some cysts can exceed 30 days for hatching at which the copper level is non therapeutic. IMO, the best course is to run in therapeutic copper for 14 days, and then move to a sterile bucket for a day or two, while you sanitize your tank far away from your fish and let it air dry for atleast 24 hours, before adding fish and water back.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back