Question about R2R website.

lilkiwi930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have been on this site for 3 days now I believe. But I was curious about the site.

1. When you post a thread, it has little icon's saying "thread contributor" or "Large Build" and such. What are those for? Including how do you get it?

2. When people post comments or replies to comments, I know you can like the comment. But there is an option for quote. What does the quote mean or do?

If there is some more things you can think of that I might not know about how to use R2R website feel free to let me know.
Thanks for all your help.
giphy.gif

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
To answer 1. A build thread is basically a thread all about your tank and equipment how long it’s been running or maybe it’s a new build and can be found and done here.

2. Basically underneath your post I can either reply or quote multiple post or certain section of your post is that makes sense.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The quote option means you quote what someone’s said in a post, it’s sort of similar to a reply but you can post one reply with multiple quotes in it as well.

Some of the labels like build thread, monster build etc just identify types of tank

As far as anything else just ‘wander around’ and make yourself at home, and anything you need to know just ask.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too illustrate how quote works :)

great questions. look in the meet and greet forum tab and there are sticky threads on top. a couple of these explain this stuff. i could probably read them but it would be like reading the instructions. i'm a guy ...
Yeah, who reads instructions. :)

Welcome to R2R!!
To answer 1. A build thread is basically a thread all about your tank and equipment how long it’s been running or maybe it’s a new build and can be found and done here.

2. Basically underneath your post I can either reply or quote multiple post or certain section of your post is that makes sense.

You should start a build thread. We are all picture addicts !

The quote option means you quote what someone’s said in a post, it’s sort of similar to a reply but you can post one reply with multiple quotes in it as well.

Some of the labels like build thread, monster build etc just identify types of tank

As far as anything else just ‘wander around’ and make yourself at home, and anything you need to know just ask.

Agree, just wander around. People here are amazing and they will help you with anything!

OP
OP
lilkiwi930

lilkiwi930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great questions. look in the meet and greet forum tab and there are sticky threads on top. a couple of these explain this stuff. i could probably read them but it would be like reading the instructions. i'm a guy ...

I tried searching the meet and greet forums but all I see is new members posting there hellos to R2R.

JaimeIsNew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too illustrate how quote works :)

Yeah, who reads instructions. :)

You should start a build thread. We are all picture addicts !

Agree, just wander around. People here are amazing and they will help you with anything!

i love the idea of a tank thread/journal! I’m going to try that now... I also have a quick question:do most of you use your laptops or phone on this site?

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best place to learn and ask questions that's for sure . I do little videos to document growth over the course of time but it's easier to do your own build thread and get feedback

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back