Question about return in AIO

leCHOWDER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

First post, new to the hobby.

I have an IM AIO and Im trying to get the water level right in my sump for an ato.

Will the GHP of the return pump impact the water level of the return baffle area? For example, will too string of a pump empty the return baffle before it can naturally refill? I feel like this is true just wat to confirm to make sure I'm not confused.

Thanks!

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

First post, new to the hobby.

I have an IM AIO and Im trying to get the water level right in my sump for an ato.

Will the GHP of the return pump impact the water level of the return baffle area? For example, will too string of a pump empty the return baffle before it can naturally refill? I feel like this is true just wat to confirm to make sure I'm not confused.

Thanks!
Yes, if the pumping speed is too high then it will absolutely empty the chamber before the chamber is refilled. However I don't think that'll be the case with the IM pumps. Generally it will reach a balance, which depends on how much water is in the tank and what you set your pump to.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leCHOWDER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I actually had to replace my pump, and I think the new ona was set too high. I lowered it and now the water level in the return is just below the overflow baffle so that's where I put the ato. Thanks for confirming though, want to be sure I'm not going completely crazy, just the right amount.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back