Question about the dry mix of Core 7 a and b

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all - all of you that´s only are interested of complain about "milk cartons" and generally criticize Triton – stay out of this thread. Further I do not either want to hear theories of people not using or knowing about this method – I create this thread because I as a user of their Core 7 – want to know how to handle Core 7 in this new situation. I will ask admins to take away every post that is not in line with my intentions of this thread. I post it in Tritons support forum because I want to have support from who’s that really know.

@Tim2@Triton or any Triton staff

Can I mix the old bottle 1 and 2 with the new dry mix 3a and 3 b or has there been any changes according content of trace elements in bottle 1 and 2.

Will 3a and 3 b be followed by a separate trace elements liquid or have you solved the problems with dry mixing of trace elements to the main content of 3a and 3 b?

Can I still mix 3a and 3b in the same container if I mix all at once?

Will this also alter the package of Pure salt 2?

Has this anything to do with transportation and EU regulations?

Once again – complainers stay out of this thread and admins – please help me to keep this thread clean and on target.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Lasse in answer to your questions.

You should not mix 1 or 2 with either 3a or 3b, the dry media is to be mixed with approx 960ml of RO/DI to make two solutions.

They can be mixed together as you could with the liquid solutions.

They are the same, with the liquid removed.

There is no change to any other Triton product at this time.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for fast answer

Bad English from me. I did not ment mixing the content of 1 and 2 with the 3A and 3B. I meant if I could use "old style" 1 and 2 together with the "new style" 3a and 3b. I.E. is there any differences of each bottles/milk carton content according to trace element of 1 and 2 prior or after the release of powder instead of liquid for 3a and 3 b? You maybe answer that question with your last sentence

Sincerely Lasse

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bad English from me. I did not ment mixing the content of 1 and 2 with the 3A and 3B. I meant if I could use "old style" 1 and 2 together with the "new style" 3a and 3b. I.E. is there any differences of each bottles/milk carton content according to trace element of 1 and 2 prior or after the release of powder instead of liquid for 3a and 3 b? You maybe answer that question with your last sentence

Sincerely Lasse

According to what Triton have said, there is no difference between the Core 7 liquid solutions and the new ones, except that are delivering 3a/3b in dry form. No changes have been made to any of the solutions except that they no longer add RO to 3a/3b in the factory.

Apologies, not a Triton admin... :)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the reasons I went with triton was because I didn’t have to make my own solution because I was afraid that I would mess it up. Whether it be I add 965 ml instead of 960 ( and I was thinking it was 1000ml from your email glad I saw this) or my rodi water isn’t 100% pure but Now that I have to mix the solutions what is your recomendations on making sure I have the exact amount? What tool should I use? With you guys doing this is there anyway with you icp testing you could also test our rodi water like some of the other icp test so we know we are putting in nothing other then 3a and 3b?
Sorry just not the best on mixing my own stuff and would like to know what you would use.

Thanks
Justin

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely Lasse

Yes, 1 and 2 are the same, the only difference between the liquid solutions and these are the RO/DI has been removed from them.

One of the reasons I went with triton was because I didn’t have to make my own solution because I was afraid that I would mess it up. Whether it be I add 965 ml instead of 960 ( and I was thinking it was 1000ml from your email glad I saw this) or my rodi water isn’t 100% pure but Now that I have to mix the solutions what is your recomendations on making sure I have the exact amount? What tool should I use? With you guys doing this is there anyway with you icp testing you could also test our rodi water like some of the other icp test so we know we are putting in nothing other then 3a and 3b?
Sorry just not the best on mixing my own stuff and would like to know what you would use.

Thanks
Justin

Don't over think it, just add the powder and add enough RO/DI to make up 1L solution. Even if you ended up using too much RO/DI it would not matter as you would just adjust your dosing to match the slightly weaker solution that you have made, it does not have to be accurate down to the last ml. As long as you end up with approx 1L it will work. We are looking at supplying 1000ml graduated cups for those who want them but any container with a 1000ml mark will work.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all - all of you that´s only are interested of complain about "milk cartons" and generally criticize Triton – stay out of this thread. Further I do not either want to hear theories of people not using or knowing about this method – I create this thread because I as a user of their Core 7 – want to know how to handle Core 7 in this new situation. I will ask admins to take away every post that is not in line with my intentions of this thread. I post it in Tritons support forum because I want to have support from who’s that really know.

@Tim2@Triton or any Triton staff

Can I mix the old bottle 1 and 2 with the new dry mix 3a and 3 b or has there been any changes according content of trace elements in bottle 1 and 2.

Will 3a and 3 b be followed by a separate trace elements liquid or have you solved the problems with dry mixing of trace elements to the main content of 3a and 3 b?

Can I still mix 3a and 3b in the same container if I mix all at once?

Will this also alter the package of Pure salt 2?

Has this anything to do with transportation and EU regulations?

Once again – complainers stay out of this thread and admins – please help me to keep this thread clean and on target.

Sincerely Lasse

Also, one salt product that I've used, I used what I needed, not the whole bag, and come to find out, the ph was off. Spoke to manufacturer. They said to shake bag before using. Problem was, that info was not in the instructions. So your product (s) in powder form. Do we need to shake/mix,the powder in container before measuring to use? And anything else we should know?

Last edited:

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, one salt product that I've used, I used what I needed, not the whole bag, and come to find out, the ph was off. Spoke to manufacturer. They said to shake bag before using. Problem was, that info was not in the instructions. So your product (s) in powder form. Do we need to shake/mix,the powder in container before measuring to use? And anything else we should know?

You’re mixing the whole lot at once, so it makes no difference.

Nema problema with your contribution :)

Sincerely Lasse

No worries Lasse

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mix the entire contents at the same time. With salt buckets, customers rarely use 200 gallons of salt in one go, but with Core7 in powdered form you will make 1 liter in one go.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix the entire contents at the same time. With salt buckets, customers rarely use 200 gallons of salt in one go, but with Core7 in powdered form you will make 1 liter in one go.
Not being rude, you mentioned earlier, about measuring cups? Why measure if using all of container?

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so ridiculously simple...

Add powder to measuring jug, top up to 1 litre with 0TDS RO.

Or measure 1 litre of RO in a measuring jug and pour into a reusable bottle. Mark the level.

Empty and pour in powder and top up with 0TDS RO, put the top on and shake it up.

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being rude, you mentioned earlier, about measuring cups? Why measure if using all of container?
I’m not entirely sure I understand your question. I am working off my phone after a 14 hour day, but the only mention of measuring cups that comes to mind right now was to measure out 960ml (this amount may be adjusted right now, the product has not yet shipped) of RODI to add to the dry powder to make a solution of components 3a or 3b of equivalent strength to the containers currently on shelves

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´ll keep 2 of my old containers - pull the dry mix into each of them, dilute with Reversed Osmosis water to the same filling level as now - "lätt som en plätt" as we say in Sweden.

Sincerely Lasse

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´ll keep 2 of my old containers - pull the dry mix into each of them, dilute with Reversed Osmosis water to the same filling level as now - "lätt som en plätt" as we say in Sweden.

Sincerely Lasse

Me too :) I'm not sure why the perception of this being so difficult is based on, its adding some water to some powder

reefaland310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely Lasse

+1

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely Lasse
If you put it that way Lasse, I understand now. Thanks a million

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too :) I'm not sure why the perception of this being so difficult is based on, its adding some water to some powder
It’s not that it’s hard but say my measuring is off by the way triton comes right now I know for a fact that 2ml adds .1 dkh to my tank if I mix it any differently 2ml could equal .15 instead of one then the next time I mix up a batch it could equal .09 and I’m steady changing my dosing rates something I rather not do because I don’t have to do it now.

So if u think it’s because I’m trying to be difficult it’s not it’s that I’m trying to make it constant with the way it is now as I enjoy the simplicity of doseing the same amount of all four products so I can quick look and see if everything is ok by all of my dosing containers being at the same height. I don’t like the spray and pray approach and from my past experiences I am not good at constitantly measureing the same amount of fluid so if there is a way to make measuring easier I want to know how from triton.

I have a bunch of the old plastic containers but I don’t see how (without weighing it) I could add the same amount of water to it every time as those containers didn’t come filled to the brim.

So I guess what it comes down to is I’m ok with the change to powder as I know the triton method works I just want to reproduce the same results that I have had with the plastic containers and milk cartons and if u think that I’m being difficult u obviously have never seen me measure anything.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back