Question about Turbo Snails?

DebraLV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 Turbo snails today as a CUC for my Nano, small tank. I know they were healthy when I purchased as they were on glass. I do plan on moving them to my larger tank with my Damsels in a week. The new tank is almost at a complete cycle.

I acclimated for 20 minutes in the bag. I took a water sample to my LFS and my salinity was just a little off, I'm thinking (my tank 1.024, their tanks 1.022)

Anyway, long story short, they piggybacked each other even before I put them in my tank on the ride home.
Now, it's 8 hours later and they are still stuck to each other. Is this normal? I know they are alive as they are sticking to rock as I tried to move them to sand and they would not budge.

I'm pretty experienced with my tropical tank. My Nerite and Inca snails went to work straight away after acclimation. Are SW snails different when it comes to getting their job done in a SW tank?
I might add that this batch of Turbo snails just arrived yesterday at my LFS. Could it be too much trauma in 2 days from shipment to one tank then my tank?

20210910_115814_resized.jpg

MurphyTheClownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 yesterday and they did the same thing, today they're all over the place lol. Don't worry about it they'll be fine

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeap, sometimes they will just park themselves and not move. For a while. Then on another they will go non stop. I noticed a few times when they stopped huge deposits of snail poop. They are fun to watch.

OP
OP
DebraLV

DebraLV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeap, sometimes they will just park themselves and not move. For a while. Then on another they will go non stop. I noticed a few times when they stopped huge deposits of snail poop. They are fun to watch.
I just want them to get to work and remove debris off the sand. My tropical snails earned their pay, straight away. I guess these guys have to adjust. Meanwhile they are happy 8 hours away, piggy backing each other.

I hope they are not getting it on, hee hee.

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want them to get to work and remove debris off the sand. My tropical snails earned their pay, straight away. I guess these guys have to adjust. Meanwhile they are happy 8 hours away, piggy backing each other.

I hope they are not getting it on, hee hee.
Hrm, what does their employment contract say?

LOL.

They will earn their keep. Mine mowed down a GHA outbreak right in front of my eyes.

Turbo mowing down GHA.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back