Question - Advice - Thoughts?

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a newbie who just started I have a question. I just added my first two fish (pair of Clownfish). But I hate the way my aquascape looks :) I bought the rock from a local reefer. I was thinking of biting the bullet and replacing everything with Caribsea Life Rock (shapes and base rock).

Can I add it to my already newly (kind of) established tank. :)

Or should I just add some life rock and keep what I have? Not sure I am liking my attempt at making this arch. :)

I am thinking ahead of how I can better place rock for future coral. Something I really did not think about before I bought and added the present rock that I have.

Any suggestions, thoughts?

Thanks!

IMG_5371.jpeg

Conovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always mock up a scape outside of your tank and make it in sections so you can move your current rock to one side to keep your biological filtration while you cycle in the first side of your new scape. I tend to like to do scapes outside of my tank and then leave them for a week or two while I look at them to see if I can live with the design long term.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think you have a good start by your pic. Once things start growing that'll fill up pretty quickly. Like:

Jess full shot1.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I use as you have in your pic this type of structure to build upon
Off to a good start

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. I am going to just rearrange (already did) and add some life rock :) . And then just stop driving myself nuts :) lol. Good advice. Appreciate it.
IMG_5372.jpeg

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I just bought 40lbs of Caribsea Life Rock. I am going to try to do something different in the tank and keep some of the rock in. I moved my clown fish to a tank that I set up for quarantine that has the same numbers across the board as my main tank (salinity, ammonia, nitrates). I am going to empty out most of the water into a bucket and then do some aquascaping with the Life Rock and then see how it goes. I should have thought about this BEFORE putting in fish and cycling tank. But this is just another one of those learn as you go situations, which I am sure will be the norm for this hobby :)

Back