Question on General Cure and PraziPro

rueric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving on to my final stage of my first QT process..
My QT has been at 2.48 (hanna) copper (copper power) for the past 30 days, tomorrow is finally the 30 day mark.
I plan to do a large WC to try and lower the copper level to at least .5 prior to dosing 5mL (20g QT) of prazipro as per the QT processes I've read.

One thing I'm wondering as I continue to read.. Both Humblefish and Hemdal recommend using PraziPro and dosing the tank with it.. but it seems from the reading I've been doing it is not as effective for internal parasites.. Should I be picking up metric + GC and feeding the fish with this while the tank is dosed with prazipro?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your fish are looking good a few days after your post-copper water change, I’d treat per the instructions with General Cure, and maybe observe a bit more after that. You should be covered for (as they say), ‘most of what’s out there’ by then.

OP
OP
R

rueric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have PraziPro on hand, not General Cure.. One and the same if just dosing it?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PraziPro is fine if that’s what you have. I’m far from an expert, but I have picked up that GC is thought to be a little ‘gentler’ way of administering the PraziPro component, plus a little extra second medicine (it escapes me now what— Lol) so you’re covered for something else; you can look it up, but again, the PraziPro is fine. :)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have PraziPro on hand, not General Cure.. One and the same if just dosing it?
I typically only dose metronidazole if I see symptoms (protozoans in the feces for example). General Cure had been out of stock everywhere earlier this year, but it looks like it is back in stock at Amazon.
I like prazipro from home aquariums for the ease in administering it.

Jay

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back