Question Regarding Initial Tank Cycle

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, So I just set up my tank over the weekend and had a question regarding my first tank cycle. In 2 1/2 weeks, I'll be out of town for the last week of February and first week of March. I also will be out of town for a week to 2 weeks in April as well. My question is should I go ahead and start my tank cycle before I leave for town in two weeks, or should I wait til I get back to start the cycle.

Thanks Everyone!!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, So I just set up my tank over the weekend and had a question regarding my first tank cycle. In 2 1/2 weeks, I'll be out of town for the last week of February and first week of March. I also will be out of town for a week to 2 weeks in April as well. My question is should I go ahead and start my tank cycle before I leave for town in two weeks, or should I wait til I get back to start the cycle.

Thanks Everyone!!
I would its going to cycle why your gone may as well start the process

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do it without bottle bac, be different from the crowd of trained clickers

set it up now, add in two fully ground up pinches of any fish food, leave it sitting, when you come home the rocks in contact will be cycled and no testing to verify is needed, no bottle bac is needed, no ammonia...a simple and free wait time cycle. its old school to make use of free bacteria in nature and in the home, it's new school to trust that a waited out cycle on fish food works without feeling in total doubt since we didn't purchase anything/we are trained by sellers to never believe anything can be free in cycling.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back